Toronto CityPlace: Canoe Landing Community Centre & Schools | 15.85m | 3s | City of Toronto | ZAS Architects

Father Redmond is by MJMA. ZAS were merely the architects of record. Frankly I'm somewhat terrified that they might be handling this alone.

...But hey, this is Toronto, where even the tallest residential building went to an equally disastrous "firm."

Father Redmond is by MJMA. ZAS were merely the architects of record. Frankly I'm somewhat terrified that they might be handling this alone.

...But hey, this is Toronto, where even the tallest residential building went to an equally disastrous "firm."

I gotta say, this whole "this is Toronto" thing it's getting annoying. We haven't see any renders so far, so why all the pessimism? ;)

Things seem to be moving....

Request for Proposal Call number: 9119-14-7037
Commodity: Professional Services, Consulting Services
Description: Project Management Consultant Services for Block 31 in the Railway Lands
The City invites Proposals from qualified Proponents for the provision of complete project management services for all aspects of development on Block 31 in the Railway Lands.

Working with the Architect and the Architect's Team, the Vendor will act as the representative for the Stakeholders and will be responsible for monitoring and the management of all activities related to the development of the Block 31 Project.

Substantial completion in respect of the Block 31 Project (including obtaining “occupancy” approval from the Building Department) is required to be achieved by June 30, 2018.

Issue date: September 19, 2014 Closing date: October 17, 2014 at 12:00 Noon

And another one upcoming

Community consultation - Block 31 (the new community centre, childcare, and schools coming to CityPlace)

Date: Saturday, June 20th
Time: 2-5pm

And another one upcoming

There may be renderings presented at this one. From what I've heard from people in the working group is that there will be come community garden space, and even a community kitchen. Sounds like design work is far enough along to get some idea of what the building will look like.

And then the community will finally be complete.

There will still be one final development after Block 31, and possibly another development as part of Block 31 (The schools/community centre only take up a portion of the site). Then there's also a final TCHC building near Library District Condos that needs to be built, and an LRT line and Smart Track station.

At that point the community will finally be completed. :p

Incredibly preliminary, but here's the proposed massing for the building facing Fort York Boulevard. There's a second building proposed to the South of Brunel Court also.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 949
Two schools planned on Toronto waterfront to share one building

It’s hard to build a new school in Toronto these days, but it may be impossible to do it alone, as the city’s public and Catholic boards are learning.

A school is finally coming to the high-rise community of waterfront condos southwest of downtown, near Spadina Avenue and Fort York Boulevard. Rather, it will be two elementary schools housed in one building, along with a community centre and daycare. Architects unveiled images of their newest plans this week.

More............http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rfront-to-share-one-building/article25105417/

I feel like an actual massing model integrated into a site model would be way more informative than a rendering of the massing with some people pasted into it in Photoshop. Is there any PDF document or information from the meeting?

Back