Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
CIBC Square and Backstage are now wed.
IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1967.jpeg

Last week they lifted a large beam to the podium. I now see that they doubled up on the lifting cables from 2 to 4 for mechanical advantage which probably reduced the available lifting height. Maybe that explains the extra longer straps?

This morning they used two cranes to lift this beam to the top working level. I have not been paying that much attention to see if they are lifting all these beams with two cranes.

Is this for ease of installation or lifting capacity? Maybe the east crane operator is looking for more work as the podium nears completion of the structure.

I never did well in mechanical components class.
IMG_3864.jpeg

The PATH bridge beam is blending in.
IMG_3857.jpeg

Last week they lifted a large beam to the podium. I now see that they doubled up on the lifting cables from 2 to 4 for mechanical advantage which probably reduced the available lifting height. Maybe that explains the extra longer straps?

This morning they used two cranes to lift this beam to the top working level. I have not been paying that much attention to see if they are lifting all these beams with two cranes.

Is this for ease of installation or lifting capacity? Maybe the east crane operator is looking for more work as the podium nears completion of the structure.

I never did well in mechanical components class.
View attachment 587745

The PATH bridge beam is blending in.
View attachment 587746
I assume (maybe incorrectly!) that it would be best to receive the beams 'horizontal' ready to be placed and if you have 2 cranes it would be easier to ensure this with them than with using one crane and 'balancing the load' so it was horizontal. Alternatively, the crane guys are in same union and are trying to keep both of them busy and paid!

Back