Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
IMG_8908.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

I worked on the interior of the antenna for 3 months 40 years ago. It was one of the best projects that i have worked on. Got to go the the very tip of it and look down at the city, it would be a phenomenal view today.

Very cool.

Not sure if anyone would know this, but while my drone was hovering 50 feet away from this massive FM antenna broadcasting all kinds of different radio signals I was wondering if had any effect on the drone's internal electronics or send/receive signal, or not at all?

Very cool.

Not sure if anyone would know this, but while my drone was hovering 50 feet away from this massive FM antenna broadcasting all kinds of different radio signals I was wondering if had any effect on the drone's internal electronics or send/receive signal, or not at all?

FM radio is a fairly large wave size (~2 to 3 meters) which is much bigger than the drone as a whole. The electronics wouldn't notice it much as there is a trivial voltage difference from one end of the device to the other.

That said, a strong UHVF broadcast could cause problems.

Last edited:
I worked on the interior of the antenna for 3 months 40 years ago. It was one of the best projects that i have worked on. Got to go the the very tip of it and look down at the city, it would be a phenomenal view today.
I would do that too if I had a weeks worth of adult diapers on me.... >.<

Back