Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Is Phase 2 actually moving ahead or are they just committed to demolishing the old GO Bus terminal? Considering when the pandemic started it seems like there may have been time to pull the plug on phase 2 considering the reduced demand for office space.

Is Phase 2 actually moving ahead or are they just committed to demolishing the old GO Bus terminal? Considering when the pandemic started it seems like there may have been time to pull the plug on phase 2 considering the reduced demand for office space.

I think these people are looking a little longer term than 6-12 months. The demand for office space may shift a little long term, but is not going anywhere overall.

Yes it is moving ahead, shoring to start in February.

tearing down the bus shelters now
IMG_20201210_114138.jpg

Phase 2 is actually substantially leased.

Also, could we please stop discussing this fictional reduced demand for office space.

Yes, a few folks are subletting.

But there is still lots of demand for office space in the Toronto market.

(yes, I'm sure) ;)

That could all change; but it hasn't yet; and I would be surprised to see that happen in the near term.

Last edited:
In most instances, I'm opposed to twinned towers, but in this case, I think the play on light via the faceted glass panels will be cool to observe from different angles. Although, the bulk of the buildings is not ideal.

I didn't realize that open-air terminal had only been there since 2003. I'd just assumed it was older. Does anyone have any photos of the building that was there before that?

Back