Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Trees overall seem in pretty decent shape (especially the somewhat smaller easternmost redwoods)…

View attachment 490644

What's with @skycandy sneaking in posts when I'm not looking.............? Seriously though. Awesome post, glad I found it.

The westernmost Dawn Redwood, is the one they forked out the big $$ for, and the one that's having the toughest go of it. It's certainly not dead/dying yet, but it could use a bit of a boost, and a strategic prune.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the understory here. It's not unhealthy, but it just loks a bit too weedy for my taste, and I say that as a nature lover

Last edited:
Yesterday:

IMG_1083.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

It's a hill

Can't you tell?
Or...

It's modern day steel plank over the tracks that we'll use to force bank CEO's off of should they cause another financial crisis. 😼
I think I'll go with the first one...as according to at least one render, there's a fairly substantial hill going in where that protuberance in question is currently now. I guess they wouldn't want the said hill to run off into the tracks below during a deluge...

...and besides, if it where the latter...this thing would perpendicular to where it is now, where the business end would drop said CEO's into oncoming GO trains. As it stands currently, it's just another platform to launch their golden parachutes from if anything. So I am going go with no for that explanation for now. 😸

...and besides, if it where the latter...this thing would perpendicular to where it is now, where the business end would drop said CEO's into oncoming GO trains. As it stands currently, it's just another platform to launch their golden parachutes from if anything. So I am going go with no for that explanation for now. 😸
A real shame they didn’t build it over the tracks... 😮‍💨 Though all kidding aside having a little podium or two extending jutting outward could have made for a neat little feature.

Sitting at Chotto Matte and wondering why this is hanging there. View attachment 494202
The crane is being raised up to support the next levels of construction. Given that the crane has counterweights to allow it to lift heavier weights, when it is not lifting anything the presence of the counterweights creates an unbalanced situation. Not a problem most of the time - when the crane is not doing anything. However, if the crane were to be raised in an unbalanced situation, it would cause problems for the crane's mast where it is being supported in the building. Having the cement block on the hoist while the rise is taking place offsets the unbalancing effect of the counterweights on the crane's mast.

Back