• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
These pictures are from a couple weeks ago

20210525_170210.jpg
20210525_170214.jpg
20210525_170228.jpg
20210525_170303.jpg
20210525_170254.jpg

I don't suppose anyone has pics of this building with that partial annular solar eclipse behind it from this morning?

The trees are in planters just like house plants. Just really big versions. Waterproofed, with drainage and such to contain the roots and keep that all separate from the building beneath it.
roots are super strong , they can break through plastic , even concrete , water sewer pipes etc... , people have big problems with roots of trees breaking basements walls foundations....

roots are super strong , they can break through plastic , even concrete , water sewer pipes etc...

That's not exactly true.

Roots cannot penetrate a solid surface with no cracks.

Doesn't happen.

What does happen is this....

Very, very small fractures in a foundation/wall/container etc. are enough for a hairline root to get in, in search of moisture. (the root can't eat concrete, it's looking for water.)

A root's initial fibre can literally be the size of a human hair..........

Once the root gets in..........however.......if it finds water/nutrients it can use.....it can grow (thicken).

That pressure opens up the crack, into which more moisture can leak, and it may be subject to the freeze/thaw cycle as well.

Every time the material in which the root is embedded crumbles or slackens, the root will take up more space, until it has maximized what it can extract.

It can also continue to put out new shoots from the initial intrusive fibre. (it's the sheer mass of shoots that often clogs pipes).

Last edited:
This building looks so good in person, so excited there's a second one coming!

I don't think it's that great during the day, but I was walking down there one night around dusk, and it spectacular at that time. Just the way the light from inside the building was shinning out, and the way diamond glass panels were kind of glowing.

I have a feeling the planters that are right next to the street are going to get damaged by the snow plows the first winter. I can't wait until they repave this whole section of street!

CIBC leads record green loan for second phase of namesake tower​

Soooo, CIBC loans money, at interest, of course, to finance the development of a tower, in which it is the lead lessee and paying rent.

This is a good trick if you can do it, making money coming and going.

Their margin on the loan is likely greater than what the Caisse is getting on their lease.

LOL

Green loan is reference to doing something environmental friendly here or paid in American greenbacks?

Back