Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
IMG_20200818_131538250_HDR.jpg

Call me crazy but i'm not a fan of this thing at all. It's way too fat. They need to slice it down the middle. Because of the width, it looks stubby and when you're driving in from the east, it just looks like a massive wall of glass and i'm terrified to think what it'll look like once tower #2 looks like if it's identical to this one. i appreciate the textures on it but that's the extent of it.

Call me crazy but i'm not a fan of this thing at all. It's way too fat. They need to slice it down the middle. Because of the width, it looks stubby and when you're driving in from the east, it just looks like a massive wall of glass and i'm terrified to think what it'll look like once tower #2 looks like if it's identical to this one. i appreciate the textures on it but that's the extent of it.
If it had lighter glass down the middle it would help to mitigate that effect. It's still a handsome tower and the diamond texture is stunning, especially on sunny days.

Offices need big floor plates. It would not have worked as four towers. Whether the massing could have been broken up better is an open question, but it was never going to be more than two towers.

for sure I get that. I'd be happier with 2 thinner towers. I get they need larger floor plates but this thing is way fatter (at least optically) compared to towers around it. Even in the skyline shots it looks way fatter than FCP and it's amplified driving in from the east.

for sure I get that. I'd be happier with 2 thinner towers. I get they need larger floor plates but this thing is way fatter (at least optically) compared to towers around it. Even in the skyline shots it looks way fatter than FCP and it's amplified driving in from the east.
There seem to be a lot of twin towers in Toronto. This project takes the cake for now.

Back