Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
From York Street
20181130_154721.jpg

That square in front of the ACC has such an intense urban jungle feeling with towers rising all around and the highway running through them. It didn't even occur to me till now that this will add to that in a pretty dramatic way. And then The Hub!

Are they putting a crane on top of the core, at some point? Or will the one that is anchored to the core be able to rise indefinitely next to the core?

More 'Up' Friday

Westside Story: They are in the process of rising up once again this week. A couple of weeks ago I lost my view of the TD pretend Mies building along Bay St and today I lose my view of the RBC building along Bay and Front. A few more weeks and BMO will disappear and so will my premium million dollar view :oops:

View attachment 165507

You may be able to see the workers on the two blue platforms (below) facing south, these platforms are specifically used to attach an 'L' shaped length of steel which acts as a shelf for the corrugated metal decking. They are working on the metal decking further down in this shot. The yellow thing hanging from the crane baffles me. I did, one day, see them using it to move preformed stairs into one of the open spaces in the core, but other than that they just seem to poke it into random holes here and there throughout the week. Are then any construction experts who are not proctologists that can explain this tool?

View attachment 165508

Eastside Story:

A general picture of the east side at the same zoom as the first two photos

View attachment 165511

A closer look shows them pouring part of the ramp for the bus exit from level 02. They are also working on the wall separating 18 Yonge from the new construction

View attachment 165512

And finally a closer look at the rebar and floor work for level 02. There is a tremendous amount of rebar and plastic tubing forming two very large beams north to south along the east and west side of what will be the bus bays on the second level. This pour looks like it is going to be very thick as you can see the height of the perimeter knee walls around the work area

View attachment 165514
Better late than never:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

81 Bay is 100% leased. 141 Bay is 50% leased.

Great to have 1.4 million square feet leased out already, and the building is still over a year from being completed. And the 2nd tower being already 50% leased out when it's over 4 years out from being completed is incredible! Ivanhoe Cambridge must be ecstatic.

Great to have 1.4 million square feet leased out already, and the building is still over a year from being completed. And the 2nd tower being already 50% leased out when it's over 4 years out from being completed is incredible! Ivanhoe Cambridge must be ecstatic.
Well to be fair, the second tower was already half leased back when this was announced in April of 2017.

CIBC is occupying both towers, bottoms up to about halfway.

Back