Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
So after years of having to stare at the TD logo during town halls on the 56th floor of CC we now get a nice view of the lake assuming CIBC did take some upper floors, and now TD has to stare at our logo during there town halls :)

Media Advisory

Minister of Transportation to Make an Announcement
June 20, 2017

Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation, and Han Dong, MPP for Trinity-Spadina, will make an announcement. They will be joined by John Tory, Mayor of Toronto, John Jensen, CEO of Metrolinx, Kevin Shannahan, CEO of Hines Canada and Daniel Fournier, Chairman and CEO of Ivanhoé Cambridge.

Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Time: 9:30 a.m.

Toronto

South west view is likely dominated by the harbor plaza twins and hopefully the south east view will be ruined by One Yonge! All those other views are pretty much locked in though, stunning.

Media Advisory

Minister of Transportation to Make an Announcement
June 20, 2017

Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation, and Han Dong, MPP for Trinity-Spadina, will make an announcement. They will be joined by John Tory, Mayor of Toronto, John Jensen, CEO of Metrolinx, Kevin Shannahan, CEO of Hines Canada and Daniel Fournier, Chairman and CEO of Ivanhoé Cambridge.

Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Time: 9:30 a.m.

Toronto

Probably an agreement on the bus terminal, though it might be a stretch to hope for some space roughed in for future Waterfront LRT needs.

Bus terminal and the city bought a chunk of the garage for an LRT platform (with no commitment to using it).

I think it's a section 37 sorta thing? There's no commitment from the city but according to their document for this development:
In the letter appended to the application, Ivanhoé Cambridge states that it is designing the project to “accommodate a future LRT expansion and the ability to expand the GO train service through doubleberthing, providing future expansion flexibility for Union Station, GO/VIA Rail and TTC.” The project is also proposing a pedestrian extension that will connect with the PATH at Yonge Street and Lake Shore Boulevard.

Well the ground breaking ceremony can't be too far off, roll out grass, a burial plot inside the velvet robes, lots of lighting and catering trucks. My wife and I are enjoying the 'live theatre' from our kitchen window.

Golden Shovel Plot.jpg

Attachments

• Golden Shovel Plot.jpg
    Golden Shovel Plot.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 552
So after years of having to stare at the TD logo during town halls on the 56th floor of CC we now get a nice view of the lake assuming CIBC did take some upper floors, and now TD has to stare at our logo during there town halls :)
When I used to work for CIBC the ScotiaBank Theatre was one of the few venues big enough to hold our townhalls.

They actually keep those curtains closed on that side of the 54th floor of TD Bank Tower for town halls (the only space big enough for most of them). We just look at the towering BMO building instead.

When I used to work for CIBC the ScotiaBank Theatre was one of the few venues big enough to hold our townhalls.

Yep those were the days... I remember the Novotel town halls - on how half my department raided food that was not ment for another meeting resulting in a perma-ban. Then it was 56th floor > scotia bank theatre (holy awkard)> cuts cut cuts > 56th floor. I've been on LTD for the past year so it may of moved again but I doubt it.

This is our writer Stefan Novakovic talking with architect Dominic Bettison of WilkinsonEyre, right now:

IMG_2158.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 442

Back