Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

Aside from the contrived, Disney-esque exterior, the interior of this building is suprisingly quite well done. A friend of mine has an east facing unit on the 23rd floor and the views of MCC are absolutely spectacular. Downtown Toronto is even visible in the far distance. It's unfortunate that the Limelight project next door will block this view within a years time.

It might be "Disney-esque", but at least it's not covered in bland, boring, and uninspiring green glass. 100% better than any of those condo's, IMO.

They started on the Rabba Fine Foods. Might be ready for spring...the middle retail unit is still for lease...
20110129049.jpg

20110129051.jpg

20110129055.jpg

20110129047.jpg

20110129046.jpg

April 30
Only 3 of the retail units have been leased. One is an real estate, one a small dinning unit with both being at the north end. The south end has been leased by Rabba.
5674268668_7b3cd4e4b0_b.jpg

5673701335_8bda11eea3_b.jpg

5674271102_05ab142eb4_b.jpg

Aug 17
I see Subway is sitting up shop in the new Rabba Store. Either the one in Capital One tower is relocating here since its larger than the existing one or 2 stores within 2 blocks radius and that's odd.
6054123050_c2bac9f325_b.jpg

There's a Yoga studio going into the units available towards the north. It might be 3 units, but I think it's all 4.

There's a Yoga studio going into the units available towards the north. It might be 3 units, but I think it's all 4.

There a dry cleaning, real estate and ? going in there also.

There a dry cleaning, real estate and ? going in there also.
Don't know, but I was standing in the doorway of the unit yesterday with the owners and their drawings covered multiple units. What's the red sign to the north of Subway? If that's one of your listed places (dry clean or RE) and the yoga place takes 3 units, it leaves one unit for the other (dry clean or RE).

Aug 17
I see Subway is sitting up shop in the new Rabba Store. Either the one in Capital One tower is relocating here since its larger than the existing one or 2 stores within 2 blocks radius and that's odd.

Not odd for Rabba. They have 2 within one block just south of Hurontario & Eglinton.

I hope a decent Pho place opens up in this neighborhood at some point. My usual is down at Dundas and 10 and while this wouldn't be any closer to home, it would be a good draw, I think. There may be 2 or 3 by the time the whole area is built out, if other parts of Mississauga are any indication.

This building up close is a lot nicer to look at than from a distance... Sorry if anyone has already said this but when viewed from a distance it looks incomplete standing beside the one park tower

Posts detailing deterioration of Chicago's interior, vandalism, bad property management, etc., have been moved to Chicago's Real Estate forum thread. Please continue that discussion there!

Where is the urbanism in this development exactly?
I know this quote is old but I think it's worth responding to. The building has a multi-storey podium with retail at street level. The retail pretty well designed and looks inviting to walk past. The streetscaping is solidly urban. My main complaint is that the upper floors of the podium should be flush with the first floor instead of set back. While the tower is cheesy, as far as urbanism goes this building is better than a lot of downtown condos.

My main complaint is that the upper floors of the podium should be flush with the first floor instead of set back.
I think the setback is actually a good thing. It makes the retail section stand out more on its own, rather than blend into the building. It gives more of a commercial/residential contrast, rather than weakly placing businesses into a very residential looking that poorly meets the street.

Back