Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

I think Chaz will look good on Charles. I'm not a fan of concrete annnd I'm a fan of intensification.. so win-win in my view!

Has anyone heard the Chaz jingle on the radio yet? I just heard it, and it's quite lame and cheesy. As the chorus goes.."Won't you daaaance with meeeee, in your world....your fantasy, Won't you daaance..etc etc".

It's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQZPozjCX8

It's Nouvelle Vague. They do bossa nova/soft jazzy versions of New Wave songs. Their version of Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" is currently used by Joe Fresh for their TV ads.

Last edited:
The latest from Chaz: this is Chaz's Computer Gamers Arena, a first in Toronto condominiums.

ChazGameRoomNoPpl750.jpg

Frankly, I am surprised that the preceding sentence needs the world 'Toronto' in it. Are these popping up in other cities? According to Chaz's marketing materials, "it will be powered by the latest online computer gaming environment". The amenity-rich building, you will remember from earlier posts, features the 31st and 32nd floor Chaz Club with the dramatic two-floor windows overlooking the city's skyline. Residents here will also be able to take advantage of not only a home theatre of the type that is now a part of many condo amenities, but a full fledged 3D 'Hollywood styled' screening room, plus a separate sports theatre for watching games. There is also a fitness centre/spa naturally, and a conference room for business meetings too. Add a Rabba to the base of this building, and residents might never have to venture outside.

And you thought you had seen it all.

The latest from Chaz: this is Chaz's Computer Gamers Arena, a first in Toronto condominiums.

ChazGameRoomNoPpl750.jpg

Frankly, I am surprised that the preceding sentence needs the world 'Toronto' in it. Are these popping up in other cities? According to Chaz's marketing materials, "it will be powered by the latest online computer gaming environment". The amenity-rich building, you will remember from earlier posts, features the 31st and 32nd floor Chaz Club with the dramatic two-floor windows overlooking the city's skyline. Residents here will also be able to take advantage of not only a home theatre of the type that is now a part of many condo amenities, but a full fledged 3D 'Hollywood styled' screening room, plus a separate sports theatre for watching games. There is also a fitness centre/spa naturally, and a conference room for business meetings too. Add a Rabba to the base of this building, and residents might never have to venture outside.

And you thought you had seen it all.

This just got me interested.

^ It's so much fun to watch Toronto condominiums evolve. We're lucky to be in such a high volume competitive market where this can happen. And since they're marketing to a young, versatile, receptive crowd I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Too much light in that room but an interesting idea. I'd be really impressed if those panels are 3D for 3D gaming and had buttkickers installed in the chairs.
I'm not much a gamer but I'm a tech. geek, hence my nick.

I am no gamer or computer geek, but wouldn't each station need to be equipped with a major video game console and the accessories that come with it? (XBox, Playstation, Wii)
I agree, keeping this amenity current and appealing could take some work, especially when you are catering to a specific discriminating group.

BTW, I stopped by the Chaz sales centre yesterday. It looked rather quiet, and they are still only accepting agent showings. Public release won't happen until mid-September.
The VIP showings seems to be going on for quite some time -- I am thinking they may be repositioning or redesigning their project.
It's on a nice quiet street, but I came across some sketchy people loitering around the YMCA across the street. Is that usual?

but I came across some sketchy people loitering around the YMCA across the street. Is that usual?

... and on the south side by the old church. Welcome to the inner city.

BTW, The city could make a BUNDLE if they fined all the cyclists going the wrong way on Charles East, especially between Yonge and Church.

but I came across some sketchy people loitering around the YMCA across the street. Is that usual?

Also in front of the post office for some strange reason, I don't know what the attraction there is.

Back