Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

Shoring is complete. Tiebacks are not (the little machine in the top left of the pit your above picture).

My bad- I was under the impression that the shoring consisted of both the cassion wall and the tiebacks.

Today:

cSNDnl.jpg

Looks like they are a few inches away from bottom (as indicated by the spray painted numbers on the ground). The crane two weekends ago lifted out the drill rig and bulldozer, and dropped in an excavator for Aquatech that has yet to see any use.

myBRql.jpg

Charles St E will be closed in front of the site this Saturday. Not sure if this means a crane is coming- some concrete was poured yesterday, and rebar is being installed today. Could just be the removal of the Aquatech excavator that seems to be getting in the way, though. I'm also not sure what impact the rain storm on Saturday will have.

Charles St E will be closed in front of the site this Saturday. Not sure if this means a crane is coming- some concrete was poured yesterday, and rebar is being installed today. Could just be the removal of the Aquatech excavator that seems to be getting in the way, though. I'm also not sure what impact the rain storm on Saturday will have.

They were certainly up to something today, unfortunately I didn't stick around long enough to find out what. Here are some photos:

4cCmN.jpg

Itij1.jpg

WXIwY.jpg

Yes please - photogs please keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of days!

Tractors with crane parts have been sitting all day on Church & on Charles waiting for assembly. With Charles closed, traffic has been a royal mess, especially this morning during rush hour. I'm surprised they didn't do this on Sunday.

chazf11.jpg

They didn't get much accomplished today- not sure if the wind was an issue or it was something else (you can see all of the crane parts around the site, and they seemed to be struggling to get the lower section attached). Presumably there will be more progress tomorrow. Even so, with the short workday, it may take a few more days.

grrqnTb.jpg

Last edited:

Back