Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

ummm

....I'll take the second one....But I can't really see the first one??:confused:

Adma, I was trying to sincerely ask you the merits of this, and you insulted me for little reason. I respect you, and your posts, ...thus my attempt to garner your opinion,
but you retort with "amateur painter' crap, and I'm not open to opinion??
I'm over it, but that buildings still a turd!:mad:

....I'll take the second one....

Uh, you just failed the taste test, as well as the heritage-sensitivity taste.

dunce-cap-300x225.jpg

Though yes, favouring the second over the first does befit someone prone to quotes like "It seems pretty bland and unadorned, and it's not like some Penn Station, or Beaux Arts masterpiece" and "Now this is something I get preserving, ornate craftsmanship, amazing workmanship, stone in the form of art. Notice the carved stone globes in front.... one of the heavens and on of the earth. Minnesota's coolest building thats not a cathedral!!"

wow....clicked on here to find out about Chaz on Charles...damn***** looking down ....IS THAT SOMETHING ON MY SANDAL?" ... I think I stepped in SOMETHING....yes, yes I did. And lay off Traynor's lats....they look fine to me (if he's keeping them up) and I enjoy "enjoying" them. Traynor....they'll never go out of fashion/style....actually they look a bit "brutalist" to me...and that's great lol.

Uh, you just failed the taste test, as well as the heritage-sensitivity taste.

dunce-cap-300x225.jpg

Though yes, favouring the second over the first does befit someone prone to quotes like "It seems pretty bland and unadorned, and it's not like some Penn Station, or Beaux Arts masterpiece" and "Now this is something I get preserving, ornate craftsmanship, amazing workmanship, stone in the form of art. Notice the carved stone globes in front.... one of the heavens and on of the earth. Minnesota's coolest building thats not a cathedral!!"

LOL, so I guess I'm not very preservationist, and like I said, I couldn't really see the first one. Though I never claimed to be a preservationist either, nor ask to take a heritage taste test. But alas.......thanks for your scolding professor , may we move on?
P>S. What is wrong or incorrect about what I stated about Penn St, or the MPLS. Masonic lodge?? Are you saying you don't like the Masonic Temple?? Not sand castley enugh for ya? I hope you defend pre cast and spandrel so diligently 35 years from now??

Last edited:
P>S. What is wrong or incorrect about what I stated about Penn St, or the MPLS. Masonic lodge?? Are you saying you don't like the Masonic Temple?? Not sand castley enugh for ya? I hope you defend pre cast and spandrel so diligently 35 years from now??

Well, I'm not saying I don't like it. I'm saying that the way you write about it is akin to the kinds of simpletons who'd unthinkingly replace something like the former house with something like the latter house. Now, I might cut you slack if you're 13 years old, given that you write like a 13 year old who needs an *awful* lot of seasoning in taste, aesthetics, written expression, etc...

This site is getting quite combative lately, maybe this site should be shut down for the weekend so people can go out, live a bit, get laid, and come back refreshed and more upbeat? The "better than thou" syndrome on here is fierce and obnoxious besides being non productive. I would think a bunch of people with a similar interest might want to debate and discuss with mutual respect at least, instead of resorting to hurtful personal attacks, even when they perhaps know more information about a project, or lived through a period of time that others haven't or whatever...patience and respect would be a fresh change.

Man

Your a condescending a@#.....WTF did I write that was so Simpleton? :mad:

Jesus !!! Again, I asked you earnestly, why you defended that building, and you've talked down to me ever since.....BLLEeeeecccchhhhhh!
"You vomit poison with your words, and your smugness is befitting of Bill O Reilly. You are rhetoric, that is easy to ignore, and riddled with half truths, and omissions. . Your illusions of greatness, are only offset by you delusions of grandeur. "
Perhaps, another tact might save your buildings better, than your pious, holier than thou attitude. Save this cause I say so??? I think not. You still have yet to point out, one redeeming quality about that bunker, and the smell of your elitism will surely topple it's very pillars to the ground.

How's that for some aestheticly seasoned taste?? Not bad for a 13 year old Huh?

I'm done, sorry all.... I don't really even care about Chaz per say, though I do like its shape. One Bloor and Aura are the interesting towers up here, I'll know now to never ask a question here again, without bending over first.:rolleyes:

It's not like we were debating the Woolworths building, or Chicago's Tribune tower, if you have to strain to see the beauty, and insult when others don't see it, maybe it's just a pig with lip stick.
IT'S NOT A HORRIBLE BUILDING,... I asked because on the surface their is little in plain sight, that makes it a great or beautiful building? (And with his post count I assumed he would have a reason)
It's like the building is an autistic kid, and it's father just let me have it.

LOL, so I guess I'm not very preservationist, and like I said, I couldn't really see the first one. Though I never claimed to be a preservationist either, nor ask to take a heritage taste test. But alas.......thanks for your scolding professor , may we move on?

Which is precisely why you should have no say in the matter.

Which is precisely why you should have no say in the matter.

I never "wanted a say", I never cared about it either way, I simply asked a senior UT member. why HE thought it should be preserved.
What the _____, is wrong with that??? He took a tone with me. So in recap, I don't have a say., i don't need a say, I never even wanted a say, and to top it off.... neither do either of you!! So are you satisfied Project end??:confused:

Also, what is the point of a "forum", if only you have a say??? Why don't you just create your Imperial Blogoshere, and rule the peasants...Geeeesh.
What am I allowed to have a say on?? Who decides?? ...and when? Or would you RATHER ALL DISSENTERS BE LOCKED AWAY???

Last edited:
Hey jbic, you must take all this with a grain of salt..and not lose any sleep over it.
Most of us here at UT have a lot of love for Toronto and its exciting developments. 'Love and loyalty run deeper than blood'
My friend, keep on expressing your opinions and what you believe in.....Cheers.:)

I'm a Brutalist convert but admittedly I have some reservations over some Brutalist buildings but I do keep an open mind. This building however is clearly a sad loss that I still feel great sadness toward losing. In years to come the masses will come to understand the loss of buildings such as this. Too bad it's not more widely recognized today and then this thread wouldn't exist.

Back