Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

from today
DSCF6162.jpg

DSCF6227.jpg

...Charlie is a very restrained & conservative tower. This stretch of King West needs a beautiful modern red brick building or three...like those aA things on the eastside.

Basically an updated version of Freed's 650 King project next door, looks the better for it although where's the red brick? :(

…. I think a classic red brick aA building, sort of a combo between East and Home, would work well here, and sell in a hurry! Huge balconies+red brick+glass+aA=sell out!

Lanterra, if you go with my proposal and it does sell, send me a cheque!

Meow!

Now, if only this building was gonna be clad in red brick.

...aka, across the street, red brick details look much warmer than the cold glass and clumsy bulk here.

….In an aA-designed building! Find me one, and I'll take a closer look.:)

….Get some red brick by aA and I'm happier.

…..

I would've gone with a classic stone and red brick RC on Bloor West.

Cheers.

i think you've made your point.

106496f3.png

^ ^ Agreed.

Pro-Tip: If you post an opinion and it doesn't receive lots of feedback, it probably won't garner much more response the following fifty times you post the same opinion.

23 August 2012: Where's the red brick? :p You may tease but my favourite condo building of the past decade's boom is actually black brick...done right. East Lofts on King East. Now that's hot!

Here, unlike East, it meets the street a tad clumsily--for example the notched corner would look better had it been curved with really "tight" lines. And all that grey spandrel above the CRU glazing...'tis a bore.

20120823121949.jpg

I can't wait to compare this to King Charlotte (it begins construction soon) c.2016 from this angle. :)

20120823121928.jpg

I may be critical, but compared to Aura this building is a supermodel.

Back