Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Walking by the Charlie office this morning, I noticed that they have a permit posted in the window - I didn't have time to check what it was for, but I assume it was related to construction. The sales office has also entered its 'limited hours' phase so things are moving along here.

My cousin's friend also bought into this project and the sales rep told him that construction will begin sometime in September.

Does anyone know when the original excavation date was scheduled for?

IMG_sept-05-090477.jpg

IMG_sept-05-090474.jpg

IMG_sept-05-090469.jpg

great to see Charlie movin' forward ~ thanks for the photos drum118

(I'm sure Hudson owners hate to see this happening)

(I'm sure Hudson owners hate to see this happening)

Yeah... Our view basically becomes nil though on the positive side Charlie will block a lot of the streetcar noise as they bomb along King St. The noise doesn't really bother me but I'm trying to find positives for Charlie going up. :)

The worst thing is will be the early morning construction noise. Why they're allowed to start at 7am and frequently earlier than that is beyond me. It sucks being woken up earlier than I need to be as what happened with Glas' construction. It would be nice if our most esteemed city councillor would do something useful for a change and see about getting that changed. An 8am construction start time is reasonable.

^^^ good bye east views,

+ glas ... good bye south views and sunlight.

at least GLAS owners knew about Charlie was coming soon to the site south of GLAS ... so they should have expected it when they bought

but for Hudson owners, I recall when that building was being sold ... Charlie was not even on the radar ~ that's why I feel bad for Hudson :(

Yeah... Our view basically becomes nil though on the positive side Charlie will block a lot of the streetcar noise as they bomb along King St. The noise doesn't really bother me but I'm trying to find positives for Charlie going up. :)

The worst thing is will be the early morning construction noise. Why they're allowed to start at 7am and frequently earlier than that is beyond me. It sucks being woken up earlier than I need to be as what happened with Glas' construction. It would be nice if our most esteemed city councillor would do something useful for a change and see about getting that changed. An 8am construction start time is reasonable.

Which floor are you? is the streetcar that noisy when you are inside your unit?

Back