Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

Once we get a render, I want Traynor on that shit immediately with a context render with other buildings in the area!! ;)

I just started working on a Yorkville render today... and then I hear about this! I can't draw fast enough.... by the time I complete a render, there's another building going up. Will Toronto ever stop????

What do they mean by epic brand? That means hotel? If so would that include W hotel, or perhaps a Waldorf Astoria collection building??? lmao

I highly doubt they mean "hotel brand". They said "brand". Brand as in STUDIO, SPIRE, MURANO, CASA, etc. etc.

It's funny that the city is allowing a tiny little side street like Charles to get more built up than some sections of Bay St., but the planners had a fit over the Sherbourne/Bloor proposal which would be less dense than what we might end up with along here.

Who would have guessed that BSN'ers would have a high-rise go up next to it and lose their east views? I can't see them getting 64 floors though, 50 perhaps.

^ That would be ironic since the original Waldorf Astoria was just down the street at Charles & Church.

Waldorf Astoria as in New York?

I stayed at that Waldorf Astoria on Charles in 1965 for one week. (My family was moving to Vancouver for a couple of years) It was a low-price apartment/hotel. I was 2 years old at the time and I actually remember the rooms. It had a kitchenette in the room and I played with the pots and pans in the sink. I don't think it had any connection to the famous one in New York.

They renovated the hotel building and turned it back into apartments in the early 80's, I believe.

Last edited:
I find it a bit weird that we haven't seen a line drawing for this project, yet they're going to announce in February?
Where's the application? Is there a sign posted on the existing address?

I just started working on a Yorkville render today... and then I hear about this! I can't draw fast enough.... by the time I complete a render, there's another building going up. Will Toronto ever stop????
No. We were told many times by developers that we were a rapidly changing, evolving, growing city. Our population is going to skyrocket, and we can't grow outwards anymore. Condos are the new norm, and they're only going to get taller. We of course will see slow downs, but they won't be like a decade long like the 90's.

I can't see them getting 64 floors though, 50 perhaps.

I can't really make a compelling argument as to why this would be the case. It's already undoubtedly in a high rise area with 1 Bloor just to the north and CASA across the street and there shouldn't be any shadowing concerns at first glance. The only argument I can think of is that planning staff might want to establish Yonge and Bloor as a local height peak - but even then the proposal would be 6 storeys shorter than 1 Bloor (or since your dealing with it in planning policy terms 16 storeys shorter than 1 Bloor since the site is still technically approved for 80 storeys). Imo, so long as servicing issues etc. are dealt with adequately, this should be approved fairly easily.

Back