Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

3439709308_9b8cb99d4a_b.jpg

6 floors plus the electrical and the hat.

Do we have absolute confirmation that this will be 47 floors?

There seems to be a considerable amount of conflicting information on height and floor count. The "400 foot" list confirms 453 ft. but lists 46 floors. I'm just curious as to what is firm here.

Although I can't seem to find the final height of Casa in metres at this time, I feel confident enough to say that Casa will be 46 storeys, based on the below info derived from the City of Toronto Building Application Status website:

Application: New Building Status: Inspection

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 06 159208 BLD 00 NB
Issued Date: Oct 31, 2008
Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Construct new 46-storey plus mechanical condominium building with 402 dwelling units, and 4 levels of below grade parking.

I thought it had been revised to 47 floors?

Anyways I'm a bit confused about the 453 total height given:

Floors 1-4 probably have approx 12 foot ceilings

Floor 5 has a 13-14 foot ceiling

Floors 6-41 have 9 foot ceilings

Floors 41-46 or 47 have 10 feet

Add the electrical crap on the roof and the hat

Add a foot of concrete between each floor and you'd get something closer to 480 feet?

I suspect that perhaps there's only 8 inches or so of concrete between floors then?

I'm pretty sure CASA is 46 storeys. That's what the current info sheet at the sales office still reflects. I've never heard anything about 47, other than what I think was a misprint in a construction trade article quite a while ago, and the odd mention in this forum. Although I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure CASA is 46 storeys. That's what the current info sheet at the sales office still reflects. I've never heard anything about 47, other than what I think was a misprint in a construction trade article quite a while ago, and the odd mention in this forum. Although I could be wrong.

And in the heading of this thread

I went by last night and didn't see anything new to report on the site. It's been this way for a few weeks now and will probably remain that way. Not that they're not doing any work because they are. Just that the addition of an extra floor per week doesn't peek that much excitement. Things will probably get very exciting in a month or just over that when we start seeing this thing top out, followed by the glass going all the way up to the roof. To me, the most exciting part will be seeing the lobby take shape at ground level and seeing the glass and brickwork come together. Although the lobby work could start next week or only after the building tops out, for all we know. Either way I can't wait until June when I think alot of exciting things will start to take shape here.

Back