Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

The blue mezzanine in Casa's lobby needs both art on the wall and one more seating set. I'm all for minimalism, just not miserablism.

I'd have to agree with you- I still think it looks cool from a distance, but I wouldn't be climbing those stairs just to sit up there and feel small... I don't think I've ever seen anyone up there
casaloby1.jpg

Casa's rooftop lighting has been spotty in the last few days. Some nights it's on, some nights it's off. What's up?

Many lit rooftops have problems like this that are annoying. RoCP, Murano, The Met, Casa - sometimes they're on and sometimes not, other rooftop utility room lights are left on which ruins the lighting effect, burned out lamps or just plain poor lighting design (RoCP & Murano). I'm beginning to think just don't light them up at all if no one can be bothered to maintain the lighting elements correctly.

I'd have to agree with you- I still think it looks cool from a distance, but I wouldn't be climbing those stairs just to sit up there and feel small... I don't think I've ever seen anyone up there
casaloby1.jpg

What a pointless space, it looks really desolite and uninviting. I agree it really needs some artwork, more ambient lighting, larger more comfortable furniture and rugs, maybe a dramatically tall wall of books, etc.
Those chairs look very sad and lonely up there, shoved right in that corner.
It has potential for a great lounge and bar area.

All the above is an interesting discussion. Here's some breaking news.
Walked by CASA tonight around 8:00 pm and security scaffolds were being installed around the building.
Apparently some glass panels have fallen to the ground.

More balcony glass? I wonder why they don't just use lammy instead of the tempered. Wouldn't be quite as clear to look through, but you wouldn't have to worry about it blowing out and raining down on the sidewalks.

beginning to wonder if down the road, glass balconies on tall buildings will be looked upon as the design blunder of the decade?

Symbolically speaking, funny how all this CasaMurano falling glass is happening during the first post-Kyle Rae/gravy train session at City Hall...

Hot off the presses- here's a pic of he scaffolding they put up last night. Does anyone know who pays for this?
scaffold.jpg

Back