48     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 707     1 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 526     0 

Toronto canyons

this could be mistaken for NYC.

1073975930046155052S600x600Q85.jpg

With a casual glance I agree but if you really look at it and know your buildings.......

Bay Street wins hands down - from an all-office district south of Queen to an all-residential district north of Dundas, tall buildings fit the economic necessities and express the aspirations of big city life.

Unfortunately, the condos north of Dundas aren't as effective as the older office buildings south of Queen (as depicted above). We don't build towers snug against the street and snug against each other the way we used to.

Ah, the joys of foreshortening - there's actually quite a gap between Lyle's Bank of Nova Scotia building and I.M. Pei's Commerce Court to the south of it, and between Commerce Court and the Brookfield Place towers south of that. The thing I like about Bay is how the towers - office and condo - gradually reveal themselves, emerging from behind other towers, as you move along the street.

I think one that comes a close second to Bay St is Wellington St. I was driving along Front St E and so couldnt take any pics but the streetwall continues from the eastern end of Wellington almost to Spadina. In the distance there is now a view terminus being created by the Liberty Village towers!

Back