Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

I just want them to actually open it..not just a few hour preview.

While they are at it how about a way to get to the water on the west side of spadina without j-walking ;-)

There's a path leading to panorama I think? To get to the waterfront from the park, you just have to walk under the highway. However the park is closed, so the path is closed also.

Wow, they really cheaped out on the park. The bridge is sure to be a winner. Where did all the design elements for the park go?

Attachments

• OriginalCityPlacePark.jpg
    OriginalCityPlacePark.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 283
Looks like there is nothing much of interest to this park. Why do water features always disappear in Toronto parks? The same thing happened with H2O. The water feature was one of the best things in the park and on a hot, summer day, it would have been most appreciated. I don't know why these guys always set us up with great renderings, then deliver something disappointing. Of course people are going to be upset and feel deceived. I'm really getting disappointed. I want some water in that park!!!

As I've said before, I believe renderings in general, are at the heart of the problem. They're always too flashy and inaccurate and drawn up with the intention of impressing the company - or whomever - at the proposal stage. The basic, fundamental design is always buried in layers of needless artistic trickery which can't possibly give the viewer a proper sense of what the finished product will be.

Cityplace park

As I've said before, I believe renderings in general, are at the heart of the problem. They're always too flashy and inaccurate and drawn up with the intention of impressing the company - or whomever - at the proposal stage. The basic, fundamental design is always buried in layers of needless artistic trickery which can't possibly give the viewer a proper sense of what the finished product will be.

Actually I think the developers should be forced to build what they show! This holds true for condo developments too. Enough of this bate and switch.

The problem isn't renderings in general. Renderings are created based on what the design actually is at the time. The problem is that designs are out before the developer has completely cheaped out. If a company releases renderings and then changes the design for something cheaper that is a calculated move that has nothing to do with whether or not renderings were created.

Actually I think the developers should be forced to build what they show! This holds true for condo developments too. Enough of this bate and switch.

Yes they should. I blame the city for this. If they forced developers to put out a final render and make them stick to the plan, we would not have this kind of deception. A final rendering should be done BEFORE a project gets approved. To make any later changes, it should have to be approved by the city and the city should only allow it on rare occasions. That would stop a lot of developers for making obviously deceptive renderings and false promises they have no intention of keeping. Why are condos different than a store that advertises a crystal goblet for 50 dollars but then sells you glass? It's just too one sided and wrong!

Cityplace park

Yes they should. I blame the city for this. If they forced developers to put out a final render and make them stick to the plan, we would not have this kind of deception. A final rendering should be done BEFORE a project gets approved. To make any later changes, it should have to be approved by the city and the city should only allow it on rare occasions. That would stop a lot of developers for making obviously deceptive renderings and false promises they have no intention of keeping. Why are condos different than a store that advertises a crystal goblet for 50 dollars but then sells you glass? It's just too one sided and wrong!

Exactly!, can you run for mayor ;-)

Oh, it's... not even... a.... park :eek:

You'd think a multi-billion-dollar developer would be able to produce a proper park, and put a little bit of effort into it, but.... naw. Why would they do that?

I was so excited for this but now I don't even know how to react.

How about a damned washroom in the park! Where does one go when nature is calling? It's not like there are shopping centres with food courts near here. Will I have to beg near by residents to use their potty? lol All decent sized parks should come with working drinking fountains, benches, a water feature and washrooms.

Cityplace park

How about a damned washroom in the park! Where does one go when nature is calling? It's not like there are shopping centres with food courts near here. Will I have to beg near by residents to use their potty? lol All decent sized parks should come with working drinking fountains, benches, a water feature and washrooms.

Garbage cans are a nice luxury too.

Wow, that is dissapointing!! It looks like a suburban multi-sports field; all it's missing is a baseball diamond on each quadran!

What happened to the reflecting ponds, water jets, bridges, layers, people who'll actually use this park!?

No matter how many years this park sits it will still seem empty even as the trees mature as they're currently too sparse.

Who designed this park!? It's terrible! Sorry, Toronto :(

Anyone heading to the opening should be heading to it with printouts of the renders. Try to ask the Concord officials what happened, and don't make things easy for them!

Anyone heading to the opening should be heading to it with printouts of the renders. Try to ask the Concord officials what happened, and don't make things easy for them!

Great idea! I'm actually off, but am not too sure I am the right person to try and get it out of them!? Perhaps a journalist or someone with journalistic ties?!

Here's where one can find renderings:
http://www.pfs.bc.ca/html_proj/proj_commons.shtml?03

Even something similar to this (Which actually kind of resembles what we got in a way) would be a step up for this space. The city should have made Concord build the park first and not allow them to proceed with condos until the park was built and built as designed.

http://www.archdaily.com/33706/nansen-park-bjørbekk-lindheim/

1251812404-dsc01996-custom-684x900.jpg

1251812458-stripa-med-trerekker-custom.jpg

1251812468-vannspeil-2-custom.jpg

1251812428-lek-skive-gummidekke-custom-568x900.jpg

1251812425-lek-custom.jpg

And for those who will say this park can't be compared since it is not in an urban setting... The urbanity is coming later. The park is only the first phase of a massive development.

Last edited:

Back