Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

This park could make or break cityplace. But if it turns out anything like the renders I think it will be great...

I wonder what the Section 37 for Panorama is. It'll be just west of here, south of the Gardiner, and on the north side of Lake Shore; close enough that this park will be a boon to its residents too.

The chance that they will have inlaid brick from the park, across Bremmer and into and past the condo buildings: "0"

It sad because if that was even a minor thoroughfare it would be a really nice walk....unfortunately for CityPlace you cant make people walk to a walk for no reason...hopefully this does not have the same fate which befalls so many of these 'public amenities' projects; namely that it will look nice until the first winter when ice gets in all the cracks. Once it thaws all the slabs are improperly spaced leaving room for weeds and random grass which doesn't get cut....oh well...we can hope I guess

Since all of CityPlace is built on fill, I think we can expect cracking for a while to come (in the streets and sidewalks - the buildings go deep enough!). We probably won't have proper settling for another half dozen years past completion...

I wonder if any condo maintenance fees will go towards the upkeep of the park? That would solve the problem right there.

I hope not. It hardly seems fair to force the condo owners in one development to pay for park upkeep when every other park is paid for by the city.

I live in a Cityplace building and I haven't noticed any build quality problems of significance. When it was first built, all the appliances worked and any scratches and scrapes were quickly fixed. Since then (knock on wood) no leaks, no cracks, etc.

I wonder if any condo maintenance fees will go towards the upkeep of the park? That would solve the problem right there.

Why should the owners of a couple buildings fund the maintenance of a public park? Concord is responsible for the capital investment to create the 8 acre park, it will then be turned over to the city to become a public park.

Why should the owners of a couple buildings fund the maintenance of a public park? Concord is responsible for the capital investment to create the 8 acre park, it will then be turned over to the city to become a public park.

Which leads to the question of whether there will be a problem with homeless people given the public park space?

You're right - time to seal off all the public parks.

Which leads to the question of whether there will be a problem with homeless people given the public park space?

There is a much deeper issue underlying this. Even if homeless people do take up residence there I can surely say that Ive never had a problem with them in any of the other parks I have visited...either they don't say anything or politely ask for change...Doesn't wreck my 'Toronto parks and rec experience.'

Back