Toronto California Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

July 04
5905233208_8737c53f7c_b.jpg

5905230580_41cf7bc4c7_b.jpg

5904669205_f974876d90_b.jpg

5904713625_f16bac91e3_b.jpg

5904717437_c65cb44c7e_b.jpg

I'm really disappointed in the poor site plan layout @ Mystic Pointe .... its definitely not good design practice to jam two towers that close together with suites facing each other, such that one is literally a "stone's throw distance" between the northeast corner of iLofts and the southwest corner of California ... the exposure overlap between the two towers is really astonishing / disturbing

[Taken 01-07-2011] - A little "too close" for comfort?
california-condos-1.jpg

california-condos-3.jpg

I'm really disappointed in the poor site plan layout @ Mystic Pointe .... its definitely not good design practice to jam two towers that close together with suites facing each other, such that one is literally a "stone's throw distance" between the northeast corner of iLofts and the southwest corner of California ... the exposure overlap between the two towers is really astonishing / disturbing

I completely agree. I think the reasoning behind jamming the towers together was because initially they were all meant to share the same amenities (pool and so forth). I have heard that California will be getting it's own pool area, so they could have set back the building some. You won't be needing any binoculars, that's for sure.

It does seem odd they're that close, but downtown hardly anyone would question it.

Developments marketed by evoking images of other places rarely, if ever, capture the greatness of those places.

Wait, so you're saying that California Condos won't exactly capture the greatness of California, that London on the Esplanade is not really London on the Esplanade, and that life is not quite a beach at Malibu?

Say it ain't so!

Wait, so you're saying that California Condos won't exactly capture the greatness of California, that London on the Esplanade is not really London on the Esplanade, and that life is not quite a beach at Malibu?

Say it ain't so!

More to the point, these developments often use such marketing to distract buyers from their architectural mediocrity and inadequate placemaking. London on The Esplanade is an exception, though. It will be more dignified simply using its street address as its name moving forward.

dwynix3 has a good point. When you look at pics of California condos, the section of glass above the patio doors is opaque. Do they remove the spandrel glass when contruction is complete? It doesn't really makes sense to have spandrel glass above the patio door when it should be clear i.e. floor to ceiling windows.... any ideas?

I'm a current owner of iLoft (phase 2) - the drawings show clear windows, but it will be spandrel glass. When purchasing iLoft, even their model suite has the clear glass for an all-window effect. If you look at the other Camrost-Mystic Pointe buildings (Skylofts on Manitoba for example), they have clear glass above the patio door. I felt that there was a bit of misrepresentation, but unfortunately there isn't much recourse in this matter.

Dwynix - It will show up as a painted metal panel on the inside of the unit. I can take a picture for you later if you are interested. I suppose one could drill into it, but not sure how much load it could bear.

And ran a quick search for this and didn't find anything. Camrost has announced their next phase in the Mystic Pointe neighborhood - Sunset Condos (sunsetcondos.ca). Will be on the west side of Legion Rd. N, just west of iLoft. Think it will be a mid-rise (20s?), but not sure about that.
Edit: I'm wrong. Sorry for misinformation, but looks like Sunset is a relaunch to sell off remaining California Condos. noob mistake

Last edited:

Back