Toronto Burke Condominiums | 163.4m | 53s | Concert | Arcadis

The reality is, many Victorian renovations involve a gutting, followed by a reconfiguration of space and finishes. It just looks more dramatic when a whole row of them get the same treatment!

glenrda1.jpg

Attachments

• glenrda1.jpg
    glenrda1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,022
That's some pretty heavy-duty gutting. Maybe the building was in worse condition than they had originally thought.

Project name: The Rosedale Condos (if my source is correct--Montana Steele just registered the name. They're the marketing team behind Tea House and I was just doing some domain name research this morning when my first guess nailed it!:D)

Since it's obvious 99% of buyers here will be "foreign" investors via local "agents," the debate whether this project is actually in Rosedale is kind of pointless.

I'm guessing this will be a Spring 2015 launch.

Last edited:
Howard and sherbourne could definitely use a facelift, but the flat iron tower furthest east is the most exciting... However there are some nice trees I imagine will be lost.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.CC5.9

The applicant made a pre-emptive "friendly" appeal of Council's approval of the official
plan and zoning amendment applications to the Ontario Municipal Board in anticipation
of an appeal by the South Rosedale Residents' Association at such time as requirements
had been satisfied and the bills were enacted. The South Rosedale Residents' Association
have been granted party status as has St. James Town Family Literacy Services in
opposition to the applications. A 13-day hearing has been scheduled to commence May
12, 2015. The purpose of this report is to advise that the City Solicitor will be reporting
to the March 31 and April 1, 2015 meeting of City Council to seek further instruction for
the upcoming Ontario Municipal Board hearing.

I was hoping that a neighbourhood park would be at the corner of Howard and parliament... Where the curve is. It is at a prominent vista especially when driving west along Bloor St. Having said that at the very least I hope something iconic is there as a gateway to 'downtown'. This land has been vacant for so long I wonder what was originally there? Was it all Victorian homes at one point? Also I just knew that the "St. James North" name wouldn't stick.

^ focus was on Wellesley and now Tea House... why would Lanterra open another project just blocks away targeting similar investor clients?

There is a reason for why most things happen in the development process.

^ focus was on Wellesley and now Tea House... why would Lanterra open another project just blocks away targeting similar investor clients?

There is a reason for why most things happen in the development process.

That makes sense of course, but I'm under the impression that this project has been in development longer than those two, or at least it feels that way.

Back