Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

^What time did u take these pics? I think I am in the second one, as I was walking back from work at around 5, and stopped under the Burano awning to count the stories on the south Murano.

I was there around 4:20-4:30 on Wed. March 4th. I've been photographed by other UT'ers also such as last summer

somehow i had a feeling that the person taking pictures today at the slip was from UT. i'm actually in one of the pics lol!

i pretty much took the same photos but here are some different ones.

DSC08662.jpg

That's me on the bike behind the fence

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5475&page=20

Last edited:
oh ok no i just missed u then, i was there at 5ish...the machinery on site was in the exact same spots though, and the sun was about right, so I figured it might have been me...lol

When the new Women's College Hospital is built on the west side of Burano, it will block the view of the bottom 8 or 9 floors. Does the developer have an obligation to tell people this when selling them a unit?

Perhaps tearing down a parking garage and putting in a view of an infirmiary is a grey line in the developers "duty of care".

Duty of care only matters if you're bringing an action for negligence, but there is no cause of action in negligence for the pure act of constructing a building, unless the building itself was constructed negligently. Also there's no recognized duty of care from the developer to the purchasers to inform them of their loss of view.

Someone might bring an action in nuisance, but from the cases I've read, there is no recognized nuisance for 'loss of view' in the common law.

Last edited:
Last edited:
March 18th

North end of site.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

So is construction underway for this one? Or are they just going to clear the site then wait for sales?

Back