News   May 02, 2024
 339     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 200     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 220     0 

Toronto Breweries, Brew Pubs, Bottle Shops

Went to Left Field Brewery in Liberty Village yesterday for trivia night Wednesday but the team spots were already booked up ahead of time. Looked fairly busy which was good to see. Stayed for a one drink before heading to the Rhino in Parkdale to shoot some pool.

Went to Left Field Brewery in Liberty Village yesterday for trivia night Wednesday but the team spots were already booked up ahead of time. Looked fairly busy which was good to see. Stayed for a one drink before heading to the Rhino in Parkdale to shoot some pool.
Are you my doppelganger?

Are you my doppelganger?
spidey.JPG

Source

Went back to Left Field Brewery and stayed for trivia last night. Decent game and crowd. The ordering system is pretty efficient. Each person can keep their own tab along with order and pay through the system on their own phones. The prize for the winning team in trivia was a 12 pack of beer. We weren't close to winning but I have a feeling some teams could've been cheating lol.

Wow, it looks like an epic spot - I've always wanted to check it out, but I'm rarely seen east of Yonge...
Their beer is ok, but there is better at other nearby breweries, IMHO. They rubbed a lot of locals the wrong way by providing space and platforming the anti-vax brigade during Covid

Edit: you can find some coverage on BlogTO, which I know isn't a great site

Last edited:
Folly Brewpub on College at Dovercourt has closed for "renovations" :rolleyes:

I've been there only once. From what I recall, the beer was pretty solid. They also had a good sticky toffee pudding dessert. They were also hosting a live comedy night when I went, although the crowd turnout was probably around half of the room.

I've been there only once. From what I recall, the beer was pretty solid. They also had a good sticky toffee pudding dessert. They were also hosting a live comedy night when I went, although the crowd turnout was probably around half of the room.
Yeah, they always had a pretty low profile despite offering several solid beers. There were 2 unique ones that really stood out to me - Velvet Dreams, a creamy fruit beer that wasn't too sweet, and a dill pickle IPA that tasted a lot better than it sounds. They even managed to get one of their beers onto LCBO shelves for quite a while. Not sure what really went wrong, because the space was very cozy and along a very hip part of College Street, but never seemed overly busy. There were a few ownership changes over the years though, which is always a sign of trouble. And this so-called renovation doesn't convince me at all. I'd be shocked if it re-opened, unless it's getting a total re-branding.

Back