Toronto Brant Park | 35.36m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

"Our very own" Geoff Palmer? So, are you writing from Los Angeles? I feel I have to ask because I am wondering what degree of familiarity you have with the developments in Toronto. (Nothing stopping you from commenting, no matter where you are writing from though.)

What the article describes Palmer building doesn't seem that much like what's getting built here in Toronto, so I'm not sure why you've linked the two.

Back to the topic at hand, though: some people actually seek out loft style apartments with concrete ceilings and some "feature" walls. Those who don't like that style (and that would be the majority of the population) don't have to buy them. The majority of what's on offer in the market, BTW, are not loft style suites, so that pretty much works out.

Meanwhile, for those who do want that option, you would prevent it from being available to them it would seem. Why?

Different from the typical aA residential design, in a very good way. Easily in the firm's top 3. Looks great in person too (can't speak to the interiors though).

Perfect scale. Unobtrusive balconies. Strong lines. Amazing!

Now we just need a twin on the east side of downtown.... maybe in a fun colour (Yellow? Red?)

Today:

brantIMG_3759.jpg

Attachments

• brantIMG_3759.jpg
    brantIMG_3759.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 951
Not to be the "why don't we have nice things" guy, but when living in NYC it always frustrated me walking around and seeing all the stunning residential mid-rise in that city and bemoaning the lack of it in TO. I think this building is such a welcome step in the right direction in that regard—it's different if not groundbreaking; a breath of fresh air.

Not to be the "why don't we have nice things" guy, but when living in NYC it always frustrated me walking around and seeing all the stunning residential mid-rise in that city and bemoaning the lack of it in TO. I think this building is such a welcome step in the right direction in that regard—it's different if not groundbreaking; a breath of fresh air.

Absolutely. Even a city like New York that is known for its skyscrapers is actually mostly made up of mid-rise buildings. The quality of those mid-rises goes a long way to making New York what it is, and more projects like this one can hopefully do the same for Toronto. Just looking at someMidTowner's last photo gets me excited.

Absolutely. Even a city like New York that is known for its skyscrapers is actually mostly made up of mid-rise buildings. The quality of those mid-rises goes a long way to making New York what it is, and more projects like this one can hopefully do the same for Toronto. Just looking at someMidTowner's last photo gets me excited.
New York literally has thousands of gorgeous midrise buildings. Toronto will never come close, but all new midrises in this city should be of this quality; minimum.

Back