Brampton Boutin Tower | 155m | 42s | Everlast | MAKOR

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Early proposal for a mixed use highrise at Railroad Street and McMurchy Avenue, just west of Downtown Brampton. It's... something. Proposing 42 stories with two larger retail units on the lower floors and a two storey restaurant on the upper two floors.

But, the architecture is a bit much, and it also stands in the way of a potential grade separated crossing (vehicular or active transport) between McMurchy Avenue and Pleasantview/Rosedale Avenue. I kinda like the idea, but it needs a lot of work.

100 Railroad - 1.jpg
100 Railroad - 2.jpg
100 Railroad - 3.jpg
100 Railroad - 4.jpg

100 Railroad - 5.jpg
100 Railroad - 6.jpg

Early proposal for a mixed use highrise at Railroad Street and McMurchy Avenue, just west of Downtown Brampton. It's... something. Proposing 42 stories with two larger retail units on the lower floors and a two storey restaurant on the upper two floors.

But, the architecture is a bit much, and it also stands in the way of a potential grade separated crossing (vehicular or active transport) between McMurchy Avenue and Pleasantview/Rosedale Avenue. I kinda like the idea, but it needs a lot of work.

View attachment 449518View attachment 449519View attachment 449520View attachment 449521
View attachment 449522View attachment 449523

That's KirKor level busy right there. Dial that back!

Podium w/supermarket, great idea......but surface parking, and one substantially opaque/solid wall, "No".

Applause for ambition, send back for a re-think.

* amused to note, I only looked up at the Arch. firms name as I hit 'post'.........funny that Kor is the second part.......

Last edited:
Love to see this earth tone colour skyscraper get developed. Between the sea of blue green towers that dominate Toronto's downtown skyline for some diversity lol!

Boy, that's a fun-with-Lego chunky tower...

Wow! This looks awesome, this high-rise will really make this city pop! I absolutely love the design/the concept.

Just checked out their website, great to see a young firm getting some attention!

100%. A Brampton-based GC with no real experience on construction projects of any discernable scale hires a Calgary-suburban-strip-mall-based-architect with no GTA experience and proposes something unbuildable on land that the City intended to buy anyways? Yikes...
So what's the reason for them doing this anyways? ...I mean outside of doing it for the poop and giggles, that is.

So what's the reason for them doing this anyways? ...I mean outside of doing it for the poop and giggles, that is.
To make the land worth more, no matter what entity would buy it from them.

Back