Toronto Bohemian Embassy Flats + Lofts | ?m | 19s | Pemberton | P + S / IBI

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Oct 25

IMG_oct-25-09-0436.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0439.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0450.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0468.jpg

The 1st floor pillars on the front of this one are poking up above the hoarding now, along Queen St......

Nov 14 visit

They were doing some crane relocation today as there is a smaller one in the middle and a 3rd to the east
IMG_nov-14-09-0014.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0025.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0028.jpg

IMG_nov-14-09-0033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the various updates drum118

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep thinking how different state of mind some people who purchased here like 3 years ago would feel moving in next year. Would be like someone who purchased a spot on Ossington 3-5 years ago only to arrive in the neigborhood next year. I mean in terms of demographics, is it mostly people who wanted to live in a hip neighborhood or investors looking to flip them? What happens when a place is no longer that edgy?

I'm genuinely curious because I'm noticing how much a lot changes in a spot within 3 years, and the things people go through in that period (some start familes etc) and the slow turn around from pre-construction must have an impact?

ps: I'm not criticizing the project at all, I'm just interested in the psychology of it, in relation to how this project was marketed in the first place.

Last edited:
ps: I'm not criticizing the project at all, I'm just interested in the psychology of it, in relation to how this project was marketed in the first place.

I hated the building when I first saw it being advertised - the name is so atrocious - but the actual architecture is pretty decent. I think the marketing may have appealed a great deal to some people, but I think most people who bought here literally did not care about that and just bought it because it seemed like a good project.

As for the 'hood - I can't stand most of West Queen West now, particularly between Dovercourt and Gladstone. It's basically become the club district. That being said, I don't think most of the people who go to WQW really notice or care that it's changed. And I don't think the people buying into the "Bohemian Embassy" will notice either. Some people *like* waiting in line for forty minutes for the privilege of drinking 7 dollar pints. And they likely bought into the BE.

The one really sad thing is the eventual loss of the Abell lofts. I know a bunch of people who've lived there, and it will be sad to see it go.

Construction continues on the Bohemian Embassy condos in Toronto

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Construction moves along on the Bohemian Embassy condominium and retail project on Queen Street West in Toronto. Saddlebrook Construction Inc. is construction manager of the 19-storey project, which also includes an eight-storey building and ground floor retail.

The architect is IBI Group/Page & Steele Inc. and interior designer is II by IV Design Associates Inc. Consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and MV Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Coreydale Contracting (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Delgant Construction Ltd. (formwork); Gottardo Masonry; Innocon Inc. (concrete); Network Mechanical Inc.; Nortown Electrical Contractors Associates; Quest Window Systems Inc.; and Otis Canada Inc. (elevators).

The one really sad thing is the eventual loss of the Abell lofts. I know a bunch of people who've lived there, and it will be sad to see it go.

Artscape Triangle Lofts are the first floor of the Westside Gallery Lofts/condos and are ridiculously inexpensive to purchase if you're an artist (sales office in Liberty Village), so they should have no trouble finding space. If they do, there's always Bloor/Lansdowne as the next up and coming area.

Jan 23 Visited

Here a photo from a year ago. Considering what took place, it has come a long way to get to here.
IMG_jan-05-09-0001.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0053.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0074.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0080.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0114.jpg

February 20 2010 update

Northwest + Southeast Elevations - Bohemian's @ 15th floor
Click to Enlarge

Back