Toronto Bohemian Embassy Flats + Lofts | ?m | 19s | Pemberton | P + S / IBI

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Imagining Trump rising taller than Scotia in that vantage point messes with my head. Even seeing B/A standing tall with the cluster takes some getting used to. I love it.

The donuts at 'Country Site' are surprisingly good. I suppose it might be infamous because it's such an obvious Country Style rip-off?

March 15

IMG_03-15-09-0014.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0018.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0019.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0023.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0031.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0033.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0047.jpg

IMG_03-15-09-0054.jpg

Last edited:
Has there been any work done on this site lately?

There has been some rumours concerning the financing here.

I'm in the industry, I hear things, I don't know how substantiated they are and that is why I asked if there had been any progress on the site lately.

Obviously if the developer is liquidating its assets when the market is at its lowest, that will raise some eyebrows, would it not?

Bohemian Construction Pause

From what I am told and I am unable to verify the quality of this information, the trades companies who were paid every 120 days now must be paid every 60 then 45 days (lender's condition) which causes a pause in construction so they an renegotiate the contracts. I was also told that construction should resume April 1 or around that date.

Yeah, that is a phenomenally small amount of work in 70 days. Oh god, while I hate the name the Bohemian Embassy (shudder) a 1/4 built slab in this area would just not be a very good thing.

On an up note, walking along King West today, I did see all 4 cranes on the North side of King working away and I think at least one of them belongs to the BE, one to Westside and a couple to that other company that's building north of King West. Vibe, Bliss and Liberty Tower's cranes were all working in Liberty Village like crazy too.

I was checking out the Dufferin Jog on Thursday and saw no crane movement.

Something caught my eye and I notices someone climbing down crane 1 tower.

This was around 3pm.

The other 2 sites crane were working.

Didn't have time to check the site to if any work has been done since my last visit

Had a look today and nothing has taken place since the beginning of the year.

What has taken place is some house cleaning. The lower floors have been sweep with a large number of plies of dirt and material all over the place. Not worth taking a photo. From the looked, it has taken place this week.

from today's Daily Commercial News, part of a longer article on the status of Toronto's building sites....looks like this one will be back on track soon....

With projects like the MaRS Discovery District expansion on hold because private funding sources have hit the wall in the global credit meltdown, there are more than a few quiet jobsites in and around Toronto.

Among them is the Bohemian Embassy, a chic industrial-style condo in the heart of the West Queen West district that has been galvanized by the Drake Hotel and Gladstone Hotel. The nine-story mid-rise is joined to a 19-storey tower with suites starting at about $270,000 and hitting $869,000 for penthouse units.

“It’s been temporarily delayed while they get some refinancing in place and redo some contracts,†says Teresa Roppo, manager of sales and marketing for high-rise at Baywood Homes, the developer. “We should get back full force in a couple of weeks.â€

She says the crane hasn’t been dismantled at the site, a sure sign of a project being mothballed.

full article here...

http://dcnonl.com/article/id33641

May 13, 2009

Toronto construction sites sit idle as developers wait for improved outlook

IAN HARVEY
correspondent

The recession is cutting into activities at some prominent local job sites, but the full impact of the downturn probably won’t be felt until late summer, said the head of the Toronto construction sector’s largest union.

“We’re still seeing demand for our labour,” said Jaime Melo, president of the Labourers’ International Union of North America Local 183.

“Still, there has been a drop-off for what you might call casual labourers, though the skilled trades are still in demand.

“I think there’s enough in the pipeline on the high-rise side to keep going until about August, but after that, I think we’ll feel it. Low-rise and single-family residential homes are dead, though.”

The one bright spot now, he said, is that there are still reports of brisk condo sales at the preview stage.

With projects like the MaRS Discovery District expansion on hold because private funding sources have hit the wall in the global credit meltdown, there are more than a few quiet jobsites in and around Toronto.

Among them is the Bohemian Embassy, a chic industrial-style condo in the heart of the West Queen West district that has been galvanized by the Drake Hotel and Gladstone Hotel.

The nine-storey mid-rise is joined to a 19-storey tower with suites starting at about $270,000 and hitting $869,000 for penthouse units.

“It’s been temporarily delayed while they get some refinancing in place and redo some contracts,” said Teresa Roppo, manager of sales and marketing for high-rise at Baywood Homes, the developer.

“We should get back full force in a couple of weeks.”

She said the crane hasn’t been dismantled at the site, a sure sign of a project being mothballed.

However, that’s not the case at Buttcon’s Element and Aloft Hotel project, which started last spring and was expected to open in January 2010.

The crane has been dismantled and sources within the company, who asked not to be named, said the trendy boutique 10-storey Element’s 227 suites and the 13-storey Aloft’s 153 rooms on Front Street will be delayed indefinitely until both the economy and financing availability improve.

Meanwhile, it looks as though work has been halted at Monarch Construction’s Nautilus at Waterview on Marine Drive in Etobicoke.

It is a 37-storey tinted-glass tower on top of a three-storey precast and glass podium with panoramic views of Lake Ontario and the Toronto skyline.

The project is simply delayed because of logistics.

“Just waiting on a crane permit and foundation permits,” said Danny DiFazio, Monarch’s high-rise project manager.

Source: http://www.journalofcommerce.com/article/id33735

Back