Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

J

jmacmillan

Last May, I asked a sales person from Cresford when construction was to start. She said "June!" Maybe I should have asked which year, because it's now a year and a half later and it seems still in limbo.

Once again, I asked a sales person and was told, "there's a crane there, so it's starting soon."

Now it is true that some gravel has been dumped in and a little grading done, but that just makes it suitable to use for parking.

Meanwhile, Cresford is marketing the Casa Condo, to go up on the old Toronto Children's Aid site on the South side of the street.

Does anyone have any info?

By the way, the BSN site is the same as the infamous failed Avanti project .

The crane, or whatever that piece of equipment is, has been moved to the back of the lot and is just sitting there. But the renovated sales centre - significantly revamped for sales of Casa - is still selling BSN I believe.

Based on the design of BSN (almost like that awful l-shaped office-condo behind the church at Bloor and Avenue Rd.), it might be nice to see this one cancelled.

I live nearby, so I would like to see something go up. It's a bit like living next to another perpetual building site: the north-east corner of Dundas and Yonge.

I am not taken with the mass of the building, but especially the frilly balcony detail.

I like 100 hayden street alot more than BSN.

IMO, within the next 60 days

I am not taken with the mass of the building, but especially the frilly balcony detail.

Exactly. It's like the monstrosity at Bloor/Avenue with French balconies.

Cresford why don't you just cancel this bsn project and relaunch it as casa2? Honour existing buyers of bsn who like the idea and go from there. you'd probably sell out quicker and the neighbourhood would benefit with 2 gorgeous buildings rather than one. (btw guys, i'd rather live in bsn and stare at casa than the other way around.)

Bloor Street Neighbourhood...Still not going!

Well, went in to pick colours for my condo in the BSN yesterday....even though the building is still just a muddy hole!
What a joke!
And the cost of upgrades is ridiculous! They have given me only $3,000 to cover the 2 year delay in starting the construction! Almost the entire amount is used up putting hardwood in the bedrooms!
I am almost ready to pull out of the whole deal.
Anyone else sick and tired of the whole thing...like me?
Olwyn:rolleyes

Re: Bloor Street Neighbourhood... Update

It seems the site has come back to life. I walked by today and there's activity happening now with bulldozers and such.
It's odd that the BSN website is still dead.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood: 38-40 Charles E and 35 Hayden

On June 14, 2003, the Toronto Star announces "The Bloor Street Neighbourhood, a new 16 storey condo project" ("Neighbourhood moves in on Charles St.", P8 ) .

On April 17, 2004, the Toronto Star reports a "20 storey, 310 unit building... is planned..." ("New design, larger suites for Bloor St. E-area condo", P6)

The rendering in the July 10-Aug 7, 2006 Condo Guide clearly shows a 20 storey building, with every 5th floor stepped further back on the portion fronting Charles St.

Yet bylaw 319-92 approves a 26 storey, 236 unit building.

Now Cresford, the developer, is seeking approval from the Committee of Adjustment to build a 35 storey, 363 unit building.

Now I understand why it's taking forever to excavate. Why dig 4 floors when you really plan a much bigger building? Are we at 6 levels yet?

I thought the Committee of Adjustment was for minor variances!

And just what is this building morphing into?

i took some pics of the site on a beautiful saturday

100_0028.jpg

100_0029.jpg

One of the uglier proposed buildings in unfortunately growing - I'm concerned how the massing is going to look - hopefully the floor-plate is kept to a minimum.

Design issues aside this site is certainly a prime candidate for greater intensification.

Casa and Casita? Good idea! A little sister to Casa would look much better than anything that looks like BSN. I can't imagine a 35 floor version of BSN - yikes!

Back