Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

My dog Q (pictured left) was devastated the day I informed her that this incredible dog-themed park is being built for people, and not for dogs (WHAT??), and that none the 27 dog statues will be a Yorkie (WHAT??). Yeah, that's the reaction I got from her. Notwithstanding, I think Q intends to christen the park anyway.
I put in an 'order' for an Airedale but have yet to see one on site; I am hoping that it, like all Airedales, is dawdling!

Will this park be swarming with Mutts. I think this park will be a huge hit and a tourist attraction as well.

Is that upper section supposed to be the leash-free area? I like how it's rather free looking. No tall fences to keep the doges.

I'd love it if this park becomes the dog park. I may not be able to keep a pup for myself. So this would be the next best thing.

Is that upper section supposed to be the leash-free area? I like how it's rather free looking. No tall fences to keep the doges.
Yes, the part below mural is for dogs, though I doubt they will stay there. I am not sure if any doges will be visiting. It's a long way from Venice.
doge.png

Attachments

• doge.png
    doge.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 997
My dog Q (pictured left) was devastated the day I informed her that this incredible dog-themed park is being built for people, and not for dogs (WHAT??), and that none of the 27 dog statues will be a Yorkie (WHAT??). Yeah, that's the reaction I got from her. Notwithstanding, I think Q intends to christen the park anyway.

Indeed. They put in a cat before a Yorkie. Blasphemy.

AoD

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. Really unfortunate.
I understand why you are so pessimistic but maybe you should wait and see how it goes before starting to mourn. The Park is largely built on areas with no underground utilities and any there are were replaced so it SHOULD last quite a while. I'm 'cup half full" guy ..

I understand why you are so pessimistic but maybe you should wait and see how it goes before starting to mourn. The Park is largely built on areas with no underground utilities and any there are were replaced so it SHOULD last quite a while. I'm 'cup half full" guy ..
Hey, fair enough. I was speaking loosely. I don't quite think we'll see things ripped up here sooner rather than later. But I do think that over some time we'll start to see lazy patches for whatever kind of work. Either way, there's a lot to be happy about here, so I'm eager to look on the bright side.

I wish Dundas square had similar paving stones or, at least, something to breakup all of the gray. This park is a gem. I love it.

True! I wish dundas square was a park like that even.
If Dundas Square was a 'real park" it would be a total mess as it is too busy for grass and plants to survive and if one had them it could not accommodate concerts and events. It's an 'urban square' and, though it could be improved with better paving etc, it serves a useful purpose.

Making Dundas Square a public square would be a good first step. I love the square but it being private property with underground parking and the resulting slope is problematic. I didn't think it possible but they managed to make what should have been fairly straight forward a bit of a mess.

Making Dundas Square a public square would be a good first step. I love the square but it being private property with underground parking and the resulting slope is problematic. I didn't think it possible but they managed to make what should have been fairly straight forward a bit of a mess.
Dundas Square is CIVIC property but managed by an 'arms length' group. This from City website:

Yonge-Dundas Square is a public square, community gathering place and event venue for the general public. The City established the Board of Yonge-Dundas Square to engage the Downtown Yonge BIA and other stakeholders in the management of the square to draw the public into this business area.

The Yonge-Dundas Square Board of Management manages, operates, controls and maintains the activities of the facility as an outdoor public square on behalf of City Council.

Follow this link for information on the Board governance structure for the Yonge-Dundas Square Board of Management.

The mission of the Board of Yonge-Dundas Square is to responsibly manage Yonge-Dundas Square and enhance the vitality of downtown Toronto; to launch, promote and operate the Square as a unique public space, borne from the passion of the community and the energy of commercial participation, so as to develop a positive perception by way of its activities, security, and cleanliness.

Back