Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

As noted on the front page story "The image above reveals the first elements of the park's central fountain. In addition to the lone cat sculpture (seen right of centre) that will animate the work, the photo also shows the first piece of the circular stone basin surrounding the fountain."

The rest of the basin stone has now arrived and is sitting a bit to the east of that photo. Things are 'movin'

This is the only thing under construction that I'm excited about. We deserve nice things. We deserve nice things that are also maintained over time.

This isn't kitschy. People need to look up the definition of kitsch. There isn't anything low brow here.

I'm happy that it will be shown all over the world through selfies.

Last edited:
This is the only thing under construction that I'm excited about. We deserve nice things. We deserve nice things that are also maintained over time.

This isn't kitschy. People need to look up the definition of kitsch. There isn't anything low brow here.

I'm happy that I will be shown all over the world through selfies.

Right on - it will be a kids magnet too, which is great. The photos show just how surprisingly large the fountain will be. The same firm (Robinson Iron) also did the Four Seaons "fountain" http://www.robinsoniron.com/OldSite/newsletters/pages/nl_four_seasons_fountain.html

Magnificent work all around.

AoD

What an adorable, fun, lighthearted fountain and park. I can't wait til it's completed. T.O. can use more of this playful, whimsical approach to public space. I wish Dundas Square had similar paving rather than the cold gray monotone pavers that were installed there. In fact the original renderings of DS did indicate pavers of different tones to break up the monotony but the renderings were never realized. Anyway... Berczy Park looks like a winner.

What an adorable, fun, lighthearted fountain and park. I can't wait til it's completed. T.O. can use more of this playful, whimsical approach to public space. I wish Dundas Square had similar paving rather than the cold gray monotone pavers that were installed there. In fact the original renderings of DS did indicate pavers of different tones to break up the monotony but the renderings were never realized. Anyway... Berczy Park looks like a winner.

It's not to late for a redo I would love to see the canopies, light standards, TTC entryway all ripped up. The stage/garage entrance with that "modern sculpture" on top is an absolute travesty.

AoD

Last
It's not to late for a redo I would love to see the canopies, light standards, TTC entryway all ripped up. The stage/garage entrance with that "modern sculpture" on top is an absolute travesty.

AoD
Last tme I looked there was no TTC entrance in Berczy - has our new-found transit mania led to the City getting a new line, right in my neighbourhood Too? Also no garage - are you in another Park? Edit. Oh, you are looking at Dundas Square!

Last tme I looked there was no TTC entrance in Berczy - has our new-found transit mania led to the City getting a new line, right in my neighbourhood Too? Also no garage - are you in another Park?

Reference to Dundas Square - which was held up as an inferior example relative to Berczy.

AoD

Ah, commentary from the pro-light pollution, pro-climate change people!

Light pollution isn't anything were ever going to fix - I have a family farm in Grey County and when you look south at night the entire horizon glows purple from the GTA's lights. Also, the climate change comment was sarcastic :) - you'd have to be insane to not believe in it.

Back