Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

Thanks for the link, can't wait to see the finished product, but does anyone know if Temperance Street will become pedestrian only like in the picture? I think it would be a terrific idea, so many cities have streets just for pedestrians, it would be a great idea.

This Morning: Apocolyptic eh!

imagekeb.jpg

What a strange, oddly "non-corporate" message. What are they trying to communicate? That the work is purely "cosmetic"? That the completed development will resemble a frozen-faced old borscht-belt comedienne? That it will wind up looking worse after the "work" is done than it did before?

If they had to go with a plastic surgery analogy, they could have at least chosen a classier example, such as Michelle Pfieffer (libel laws notwithstanding).

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I saw an almost identical sign in Manhattan near the Met on Fifth last October. That sign (in the same/font colours) read "Like much of Fifth Avenue, we're having some work done." Couldn't tell you which building (although it was very close to the Met) - maybe Brookfield owned that property as well and sticks this message up from time to time?

Last edited by a moderator:
The current reno at the Bay uses the same line (minus the Joan Rivers reference), plus another line I can't recall, but they're both clearly aimed at the demographic that would say that kind of thing with reference to plastic surgery.

They also have drawings of people singing on the hording as well, so I guess they're trying to say "This is not your father's corporate centre!", and then silently mouthing "Don't worry, this is exactly your father's corporate centre."

I actually laughed out loud at Brookfield's signs today. "Construction set to finish faster than a Kim Kardashian marriage" and "Like Joan Rivers, we're having some work done". Love it!

Last edited:

Back