Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

I was going to guess the old Style Exchange ?

Perfect ! I always hated the fact that sat empty for so long !

Agreed, that area has sat empty and underdeveloped for decades, can't wait to see the second tower built, and then, eventually, the third, if, and when, they are able to do so. To be honest, I'm having a difficult time finding information on the third tower. It's not really mentioned much, other then it's stats. Does anybody have any info on it, and if it is actually going to be constructed after the second tower is finished? If the plans hold true to the original proposal, Bay/Adelaide will look amazing!

It was almost 20 years ago that I sat in a boardroom, working on a big file, on a Sunday afternoon and watched them take the cranes out of the stump of the original BAC. It's great to see them finally finishing that block.

What does this mean?

Application: Mechanical(MS) Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON M5C 1X3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 112909 HVA 00 MS Accepted Date: Jan 29, 2013

Project: Office Building Permit Related(MS)

Description: HVAC - Proposal for relocating, restoring, and re-cladding the facade from 2 Adelaide St W and interior renovation and relocation of generator.

Application: Plumbing(PS) Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON M5C 1X3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 112909 PLB 00 PS Accepted Date: Jan 29, 2013

Project: Office Building Permit Related(PS)

Description: Plumbing - Proposal for relocating, restoring, and re-cladding the facade from 2 Adelaide St W and interior renovation and relocation of generator.

Sounds like they messed up the utilities and now have to move things, possibly involving rebuilding some areas of the utility section.

Right, but why did the city refuse these? And how does this impact the demolition schedule?

By the way, Addition Elle is closing on Feb 10, and is opening on Feb 28 at the new location.

Parking Starting To Go

Demolition of the remaining building starting on April 1:
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE22.53

Also, since when does this building have 47s?
Brookfield Multiplex Construction Canada Ltd. is constructing a 47-storey office tower and an 8-storey podium at No. 40 Adelaide Street West. This project requires temporary sidewalk and lane closures for a period of 19 months on Yonge Street, and 30 months on Adelaide Street West, to enable construction to proceed.

Back