Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

Bear in mind too that lots of businesses are going to telecomutting and everyone who has an office has the same size office regardless of title, etc. So it may be a case of why bother building corner offices if your tenants don't want corner offices.

South of Temperance is closed as of today, sign says "...closed for site redevelopment".
Anyone knows when should we see some construction activity? If they intend to open BA2 in 2014, shovels should hit the ground quite imminently.

South of Temperance is closed as of today, sign says "...closed for site redevelopment".
Anyone knows when should we see some construction activity? If they intend to open BA2 in 2014, shovels should hit the ground quite imminently.

I don't think there will be need for shovels to hit the ground. The foundation is built. This tower will go up very quickly. Especially if it's steel frame.

A spandrel-less, mullion-less glass box certainly would be a better than the two examples posted above.

you have got to be kidding. I've seen that pair in downtown LA in person... by Arthur Erickson I believe. The taller building could certainly stand on it's own. The keyhole design on the stone base is quite unique and eye catching. There is a conversation and dynamic created between these two towers with the variations on the layered facades and curved corner elements. Here in Toronto we have nothing x 2 with no greater statement achieved by the two being side by side. All we get is more gross floor area.

I was told that it was Bruce Kuwabara who recommended that simpler was better.

I don't mind BAC right now, but three of them with very little variation in design or height will make for a very bland complex. Perhaps phase 2 as a taller cylinder, coupled with the existing tower and the rectangular phase 3 would be interesting. I'd love to see a perfectly cylindrical, tall building with a seamless window wall façade built somewhere downtown.

How melodramatic, and ultimately you tell us nothing.

Anyway, it seems the option will not be available to you.

It was like being on one of those Hollywood reality shows. The whole bar was filled with douchebags in suits and women in skimpy clothing trying to get one of those men to buy them drinks. Comical, but not my scene.

It was like being on one of those Hollywood reality shows. The whole bar was filled with douchebags in suits and women in skimpy clothing trying to get one of those men to buy them drinks. Comical, but not my scene.

Weird I heard a lot of good things about it, none of them sounded anything like that.

That's 'South of Temperence' for ya. I've only been there once and wasn't really into the vibe. I didn't find the place particularly attractive, except the patio. It's very noisy and gets really rammed, so it's hard to even move around (then again I did go on the worst day, Thursday). The food is great, but as Filip mentioned, it's the big headed suit types that ruin it all.

The chef at South of Temperance was the former chef at Alice Fazooli's and it was pretty evident from the chain restaurant style menu :/

Best food in the area is definitely at Gabardine.

Back