Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

When this building hadn't topped out yet, I remember thinking how boring it was etc. etc. But now, I've actually have grown to like them. Hm.

From the Eaton Centre.

IMG_7356.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7356.JPG
    IMG_7356.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 1,380
The two actually look quite different when you get a clear view of things as in that pic ^. Not different enough to be unmistakable, glass-box, relatives; but not identical either. Mostly due to the cladding, but the notched corners and roof fins as well. Basically 2 looks like an iteration of its predecessor, which leaves curious about the 3rd.

I get the sentiments about these being banal, but I dunno, I think people will appreciate these more in 20 years. That being said I'd like to see the final instalment and then no more. EY tower is definitely more ideal in my books.

The idea here was purely to get lots of office space built, cheaply and quickly.

The buildings don't look or feel cheap on the exterior or interior. And other than the fact that the underground garage had already been built, I don't think either tower was built particularly more quickly than any other building of similar size and type.

They were busy finishing up the lobby yesterday. I wonder if they have a tenant in today? Certainly at least one floor has been built out way ahead of all others.

Looks like the first tenants have now moved into the new tower - welcome desk set up in the lobby, people around and going to / from the elevators, and enclosure fencing that had been along the sidewalk has been removed, the sidewalk along the north side of Adelaide Street west is now open all the way from Bay to Yonge streets.

Back