Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

Brookfield management has quietly discussed closing the street after they build the North building at some future point. Many of the renderings they have for the north building show a pedestrian only Temperance. They have gone so far as to begin negotiations with the owners of the other buildings on the street on how to amalgamate garbage etc...

I hope they do close it to traffic, so many other cities have pedestrian only (including bicycles) street, it would make for a more welcoming environment for such a large complex (once the north tower is finished that is), and an escape from the constant influx of cars and trucks blocking our streets. Would be even better if they were able to turn at least part of the roadway into a green public space, so the people working in those towers would have a nice, relaxing, park like setting to enjoy their lunch.. Now, just throw in a few new food trucks (some of the newer ones serve some very tasty, and very different foods, a big step up from the typical hotdogs and burgers of the older food trucks).

I don't think I would have got any work done if that had been my office for the last couple of years.

When I first came to Toronto, I worked with people who had had offices on the South side of Commerce Court West, who said they couldn't count the number of billable hours lost watching BCE Place go up.

For foodies, Terroni leased the corner of Yonge & Temperance, a SUD Forno Bakery/Small Pizza & Pasta joint inside, new restaurant row coming

Yeah, a good choice. They'll do well here. But on a personal note, I bristle at being told how my food will and will not be prepared in a restaurant. I pay you, which means I choose.

Back to the thread.

A few hours ago…

DSC02360.jpg
DSC02358.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02360.jpg
    DSC02360.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 1,398
  • DSC02358.jpg
    DSC02358.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 1,335
You know, they announced the tenant for the ground floor space at Temperance and Yonge and I've already forgotten who it is. Google doesn't seem to be helping. Anyone with a better memory than me?

I think that the first tower's brethren here makes both look better than they would have alone. If the third one gets built, this will be a nice little complex.

Agreed. The whole thing is seeming more and more like a neomodern incarnation of the TD Centre, complete with contemporary approaches to heritage.

for the 3rd (north) tower it would be nice if they kept with a similar glass and shape but the roof had a sort of KPF tilted element. Kinda like the Nestle tower in north york.

Back