Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Hi everyone, at the risk of incurring the wrath of those who are sick of this contest I was hoping you would indulge me by supporting my entry "Union Heights" which seems to be climbing the charts.

As I write this, it is at #28 and climbing and I'm hoping to just at least crack the top 10 so that it can be considered as a more reasoned, rationale choice over.. oh, I don't know, something like...Tycoon Tower, Cisla or El Monte (no offence to anyone who submitted those names or voted for them, but I'm just saying).

So, if you DO like my entry, please vote for it here:

http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/275

And if you REALLY, REALLY like it, please vote for it everyday and/or post a link on facebook, twitter, etc.

Of course, please continue to vote for your other favourites too.

Contest closes this Friday after which we will all be put out of our misery and the suspense will finally come to an end.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Hmmm, the elevations look okay. Decent but nothing remarkable.
Too bad the tower is not a slender cylinder as seen in the original sketch.

I noticed on the report that this building will be rental.

That's a mistake.

Hi folks, I just want to thank those who have been supporting "UNION HEIGHTS" in its climb up the charts. Much to my surprise it is now ranked at #19! Thanks again for supporting a fellow UT forum member. For those who are voting for it, keep up the good work and keep spreading the news!

Cheers!

p.s. and to thank everyone for their support, win or lose, I will be making a donation to a local charity. The amount and the charity will be announced on the day of the winning entry - August 26.

Last edited:
I put in my suggestion tonight.
PICCADILLY POINT

My rationale was the following:
Picking up on the British reference for London on the Esplanade condos, the various pubs on the street and the wedge/pointy shape of the property.

Here is the link for voting. If you like it, give it a click!

http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/3268

S'Bus

Condo Industry's Most Successful Social Media Campaign To Announce Winner of
“Name Our Condo” Contest at Buskerfest

TORONTO, ONTARIO - August 24, 2010...One of the condo industry's most successful social media initiatives, Name Our Condo, will announce a winner this Thursday, August 26 at 12:17 pm. *The announcement will be part of the opening ceremonies of Busketfest starting at noon and will happen at the main stage located on Front Street in front of the St. Lawrence Market. The builders involved are sponsors of the four day event.

Over 3,000 names have been submitted since the contest launched July 12th with over 100,000 votes cast by people voting for their favourite. *The campaign had its own web site where contestants entered the contest and votes for the winner were cast.*Today, the votes will be tallied and the top 10 chosen by a*panel of judges.*

The top ten names by number of votes are: *Ascension Tower, Backstage, El Monte,
Euphoria Towers, Spotlight, The Ego, The Harlequin, Viva Esplanade Tower, Y.ES Tower,
Yonge Diamond Tower.

A trio of top builders reinventing the southeast corner of Yonge*and The Esplanade launched the innovative campaign to engage*the public in what is generally a marketing team's role - naming*a new condo project.

Cityzen Development*Group, Castle Point Realty Partners and Fernbrook Homes are already working on L Tower and the renovation of the Sony Centre. *Now they have turned their attention to the south side of The Esplanade.

"We are astounded at the response," says Sam Crignano of Cityzen Development.
"With 100,000 unique visitors to the web site, the contest captured the imaginations*of folks*from more than 140 countries around the world. *The judges will have a challenging*
time to select*a winner from the top ten."

WHAT: * The announcement of Name Our Condo Contest*winner
WHO: ** *Todd Shapiro, from radio station The Edge 102.1
TIME: * **August 26th, 2010, 12:17 pm at the*CTV Stage
WHERE: 2010 Scotiabank Buskerfest In front of the St. Lawrence Market (CTV Stage)

Last edited:
I haven't really wanted to weigh in on this... but I think Spotlight could be quite a good marketing name.

Backstage Condominiums make a pretty good name too IMO ~

I haven't really wanted to weigh in on this... but I think Spotlight could be quite a good marketing name.

Sadly, the best condo name this city never had...Union Heights (ahem) ... was 120 votes shy of making it into the top ten. Thanks to the those who supported it though.

I would have to agree with you Interchange that Spotlight is my new favourite (having already grown tired with the Yes Tower). They could add "on the Esplanade" and build an excellent marketing campaign around that... "Spotlight on the Esplanade" has a nice ring to it.

Back