Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

4chan has a huge member base, so all it takes is a bit of organized voting on their part to really skew the results. What surprises me most is that someone there found and decided to put effort into a Toronto condo naming contest. Are any of you UTers on 4chan? Come clean now.

O'Keefe Tower:

This name was chosen as a tribute to one of our City's most famous and generous philanthropists, who was largely responsible for the construction of the O'Keefe Centre (Now Sony Centre) next door. I believe the legacy of the O'Keefe Brewing Company should be preserved in this block so that Torontonians will remember the great contribution they made to our great City for generations to come.

http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/135

O'Keefe Tower:

This name was chosen as a tribute to one of our City's most famous and generous philanthropists, who was largely responsible for the construction of the O'Keefe Centre (Now Sony Centre) next door. I believe the legacy of the O'Keefe Brewing Company should be preserved in this block so that Torontonians will remember the great contribution they made to our great City for generations to come.

http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/135

I like this one. If it were not for E.P. Taylor and his O'Keefe Brewery we would not have this architectural gem known today as the "Sony Centre" If it is not chosen for this tower Citizen should consider renaming the L-Tower (a stupid name in my opinion). The Okeefe Tower to commemorate the original patron . This would be very fitting. If this happens hopefully they would give you some money for your idea.

Last edited:
I like this one. If it were not for E.P. Taylor and his O'Keefe Brewery we would not have this architectural gem known today as the "Sony Centre" If it is not chosen for this tower Citizen should consider renaming the L-Tower (a stupid name in my opinion). The Okeefe Tower to commemorate the original patron . This would be very fitting. If this happens hopefully they would give you some money for your idea.

Thank you "Peepers". I tried to come up with something with a deeper meaning than the typical entry. I think we need to value our history, and the people that helped make Toronto the City we know and love.

I still think "Merci" should be added.

My suggestion has made it to the second page (and it is a historical reference), but considering some pretty lame suggestions ("Destiny Point Tower", "The Historic House") advertisements ("Buzzbuzztower") and jokes ("The Ego", "m00t") are way ahead, I'm not holding out hope. The only decent ones on the first page are the O'Keefe Tower/Condo, Y.E.S., and Backstage.

My favorite joke entry is "I Can't Believe It's Not A Condo"!

There are lots of funny entries so far - in fact it seems like 90% were submitted just as a joke. I submitted what I thought was a good name: CENTRUM TOWER . As most of you know in Europe Centrum denotes the "center" of a city (usually the location of the main train station). Right now I am in 49th. place just behind "THE UNNECESSARY". Seriously if Citizen doesn't change the rules of the contest they will not have any suitable names to pick from the top 10 and will have a marketing disaster on their hands.

Vote for CENTRUM TOWER http://bit.ly/cFpK9y

Last edited:
I'm kind of disappointed an email was sent out to all UT members advertising that everyone vote for Urban Toronto Tower. What about the members who made their own name? You should send out a second email with all of the UT members votes as well.

Urban Toronto Tower, that's lame, it's never going to win. UT should have put it's voting power behind a name that might have actually had a chance, and now it can.

The OMB put Giraffe into extinction, but they can't do that to a predator like the Shark.

Vote for Shark Condos: http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/55

Any help would be Fin-tastic!

I'm kind of disappointed an email was sent out to all UT members advertising that everyone vote for Urban Toronto Tower. What about the members who made their own name? You should send out a second email with all of the UT members votes as well.

I share your concern ...

But let's be honest - taking a look at most of the top 10 - this is basically a popularity / spamming contest. So given this, we might as well push UT Tower - which isn't terrible anyway :).

Back