Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The 3B-07's are sold out.

Nice unit though. The southern view will be quite spectacular down Yonge street.

I think they claimed they were one of Toronto's best selling condos, but I'm sure a lot of developers take liberty with that kind of vagueness.

Which it was - Aura sold more units than any other GTA condo in 2008. There are still about 60 odd units available out of 935 total units.

So its 93% sold??

The building will get made for sure then...

Still, it's a little disheartening to go into the Trump thread (for instance) and see people posting about construction dates back in early 2006...

It may get built, but who knows when that will be...

There are plenty of projects that have sold over 80% of their units that may not get built. There are a lot of other factors besides pre-sales that impact project feasibility - One Bloor has been 80% sold for over a year and there are other factors preventing construction from commencing... I'm not suggesting that Aura is in any way shape or form in a similar situation to 1BE, just that people should stop focusing so much of their attention of sales figures.

There are plenty of projects that have sold over 80% of their units that may not get built. There are a lot of other factors besides pre-sales that impact project feasibility - One Bloor has been 80% sold for over a year and there are other factors preventing construction from commencing... I'm not suggesting that Aura is in any way shape or form in a similar situation to 1BE, just that people should stop focusing so much of their attention of sales figures.

I don’t know about plenty.:rolleyes: I believe that there is more than we know other than financing regarding these big 3 (1BE, Aura, L-tower) developments, its also kind of a mystery why the city has not yet given full approval to any of these projects. Every time a project does not commence on time all everyone can say is.... there are a lot of other factors, which truthfully nobody knows why.

There are 'plenty' of people who know why and 'other factors' are relevant, but not appropriate to post in a public forum. The approvals process isn't a mystery either - it is a transparent and fairly predictable process (painfully slow as well).

Last edited:
Last & this weekend I noticed dozens of these "Open House" signs (which I think is funny) along Yonge & Bay Street - likely elsewhere

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last & this weekend I noticed dozens of these "Open House" signs (which I think is funny) along Yonge & Bay Street - likely elsewhere

ummm, isn't that misleading considering ground hasn't even been broken !?!

i thought the term 'open house' only referred to re-sales?

That's what I found amusing.
All these new signs are hopefully an indication of this project moving ahead with a seemingly hard push being put on to moving some units.

i have yet to see the builder offer any kind of promotion to entice buyers to buy the remaining units. aside from that promo for free furniture/finishes for the skylofts, i haven't seen any kind of price reduction.

i have yet to see the builder offer any kind of promotion to entice buyers to buy the remaining units. aside from that promo for free furniture/finishes for the skylofts, i haven't seen any kind of price reduction.

Why would this future 75-85 storey 80% sold condo building on Yonge and Gerrard have to give out promotions and price reductions.:confused:

The remaining 20% represents the majority if not all the profit. You do know that things aren't selling like they used to be and there's a ton of competing developments ... maybe too much right now for anyone to get over the last hump.

Last edited:

Back