Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Thanks for that Mike. Might as well repost from earlier...

The night time render discussed above

gf.jpg

Update on amenity/crown lighting:

Some of the night time renderings displayed hints of what is to come, so here is the basic plan - Candarel Stoneridge will be installing strip lighting of white LEDs coming from the top of the tower along the mullions, dropping down approximately 15 floors from the crown. The plan is to intentionally have a somewhat random pattern with each strip being a different length of clean white light that will look as though it is dripping from the building.

Thanks for the info. Is it then safe to declare that this project will actually get built?

Anyone have an idea as to the time frame for approval of the height variance?

I would hope that the project has not been canned. Given the fact that they had a hard time getting the project to be approved on that site. Also, I think they have pretty much sold out most of their units aside from the executive suites.

In terms of the retail space in Aura's podium, i'm not sure how well that is selling. I just received a copy of the brochure and the renderings of the retail spaces look swank. Does anyone know which companies are planning to buy into them?

I would hope that the project has not been canned. Given the fact that they had a hard time getting the project to be approved on that site. Also, I think they have pretty much sold out most of their units aside from the executive suites.

In terms of the retail space in Aura's podium, i'm not sure how well that is selling. I just received a copy of the brochure and the renderings of the retail spaces look swank. Does anyone know which companies are planning to buy into them?

starbucks, McDs, quiznos, footlocker, fox & fiddle maybe? :)

Never got a chance to visit this site... I'll probably do it this weekend...

If this development is to be build by a reputable company,approved and pretty well sold out why would it be canned?I have no doubt this bad boy will start soon.Most likely it will be the tallest condo in Canada.

If this development is to be build by a reputable company,approved and pretty well sold out why would it be canned?I have no doubt this bad boy will start soon.Most likely it will be the tallest condo in Canada.

With what is happening in the US and money becoming harder to borrow, I wonder if large projects such as this will be able to go forward.

between AURA and 1BE, both as mega-projects, if one shall proceed ... this is clearly the choice (design wise)

between AURA and 1BE, both as mega-projects, if one shall proceed ... this is clearly the choice (design wise)

Definitely. However a parking lot at Y+B is not very desirable.

Back