Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Isn't supertall just a buzz word that skyscraper forumers toss around? I don't mind the height and the guarantee of permanent night that this building will cast on my living space but I'm not sure more height is needed.

Thanks for the model pictures.

And to add my Mystery White Boy's desire for something zany on the base, I'd recommend a petting zoo. People can walk by, put 25 cents into the feed dispencer and enjoy goats, sheep and other animals eating from their hands as they walk down Yonge. It'll be fun for the whole family, especially for the dealers at Big Slice who get bored waiting to cell dime bags of oregano to suburban youth.

Is this one mostly sold? Anyone know the % sold?

I don't have an actual figure for you but when I was in the sales center taking those pictures, the floor-by-floor schematic was covered in red dots (indicating the property had been sold) with very few green ones (indicating an available property).

Furthermore, in a novel move, Aura has placed many of its most expensive units in the podium, leaving the cylindrical volume at the top for low to mid priced units. Their reasoning is that by placing the more expensive units in the base, more people can have larger balconies and have access to a private elevator. Soooo....two cores in the base? I didn't quite get that last bit.

^^ I'm not sure about the private elevator for the base but it makes sense from an open elevator stand-point. I'd rather not have to go up 50 or so floors letting people on and off every other floor just to get to my expensive house.

The lower your space the more accessible it is by quick elevator trips and stairs.

^^ I'm not sure about the private elevator for the base but it makes sense from an open elevator stand-point. I'd rather not have to go up 50 or so floors letting people on and off every other floor just to get to my expensive house.

The lower your space the more accessible it is by quick elevator trips and stairs.

The building will undoubtedly run elevators in two or three banks within the tower, as well as a separate one for the base: no-one would want to be faced with 50 stops before arriving at their floor.

I take it height isn't as important to the uber rich? I thought the views of the water would only be available from the upper-most floors.

One doesn't have to be anywhere near that height to have great views of the lake in this area. I'm on the 24th floor and have smashing views of the lake (except where the MINT towers are), I can see Hamilton/Oakville on a clear day or night, St. Catherines/Niagara Falls and the Scarborough Bluffs to the east.

Lower floors on the south side will have the hotel as an obstruction but above that there should be decent views of the lake.

And to add my Mystery White Boy's desire for something zany on the base, I'd recommend a petting zoo. People can walk by, put 25 cents into the feed dispencer and enjoy goats, sheep and other animals eating from their hands as they walk down Yonge. It'll be fun for the whole family, especially for the dealers at Big Slice who get bored waiting to cell dime bags of oregano to suburban youth.

Maybe as a throwback to Yonge in the 70s, a heavy-petting zoo

just browsing through the new Condo Guide (May 12-26)...on page 42 there is an article announcing a new release of "executive suites" due on May 24, and there is a pretty sharp nighttime rendering of Aura....

Don't know if it was already posted somewhere in this 69 page thread, but the picture in the magazine is quite amazing....:)

there is also a pretty cool ad for Aura on the following page with a bare-breasted pixie/dragonfly....quite cool...

re: CoNDO GUIDE Article

just browsing through the new Condo Guide (May 12-26)...on page 42 there is an article announcing a new release of "executive suites" due on May 24, and there is a pretty sharp nighttime rendering of Aura....

Don't know if it was already posted somewhere in this 69 page thread, but the picture in the magazine is quite amazing....:)

there is also a pretty cool ad for Aura on the following page with a bare-breasted pixie/dragonfly....quite cool...

That NIGHTIME RENDERING u mention is the same Rendering that has been floating around & available for several months know.. so not sure what u mean.. I guess its "pretty sharp" but its the same pic we've all seen until now..

The night time render discussed above

gf.jpg

i hadn't seen that rendering actually so thanks for posting. I love how they have the light coming from the sky on to the condo as if anointed from above or something.

Yup - if those are led lighting strips built into the tower, and not just a whimsical artist's interpretation, that could be rather dapper, kinda space age...

I'm trying to avoid thinking 'a bit Vegas'.

Here's hoping it ends up looking cool and not crass.

Back