Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think khistopher is referring to this

I saw a thin piece of curved material being hoisted by the crane today up to the roof (it looked a lot longer than rebar).

I think khistopher is referring to this

I didn't snap any photos but I saw it walking up Yonge at around 1:45 yesterday. Like i said, it might not have been steel for the curved portion, just speculation.

Taken yesterday,
peekaboo
11468011305_b229338a19_b.jpg

Makes sense - as the crown (acting like a parapet per se) is supported by light steel framing

I didn't snap any photos but I saw it walking up Yonge at around 1:45 yesterday. Like i said, it might not have been steel for the curved portion, just speculation.

Taken yesterday,
peekaboo
11468011305_b229338a19_b.jpg

What building is this one goin up?? With the white stuff on it. Looks kind of cool,

I thought there was a gateway piece going in on the Hayter allowance? A commemoration of Barbara Ann Scott? Am I just imagining this?

I thought there was a gateway piece going in on the Hayter allowance? A commemoration of Barbara Ann Scott? Am I just imagining this?

I think you are right. A brightly coloured archway (or 3 archways) that sort of echo the stone arch across Yonge on the east side.

Maybe there won't be an art component since there will be a Park component.

There is always art. The Percent for Public Art program is separate from the Parkland dedication or payment in lieu, and from Section 37 benefits.

The art is still to come!

I hope not. I like well done lighting on top (or sides) but these should not be art components. Once the building is turned over to the condo corp. maintenance becomes part of the yearly budget. Maybe. Example, the art component atop The Met (Carlton & Yonge) has now been broken for exactly a year now.

Back