Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Fixed that for you.

You'll have to stand corrected: There is the Kaiju curry place open right now and a Korean place that opened a few weeks ago. A "Dip 'n Dunk" will be coming probably at the beginning of January (a fruit dipped in chocolate kinda place).

The problem with a lot of the retail and food court stores is that the approval process takes so long to get done. The builder, the city and property management are involved in the approvals. I spoke with the owner at the Korean food place and he told me if first applied for his permit in January 2013 and only finally opened in November. The retail stores are taking 3-6 months on average to get approvals.

I think there are a lot of people eager to get their businesses open at The Shops At Aura, but there is just a lot of paperwork and approval hurdles to get over. I'd say another year is required before it really starts coming together.

This clip sums up Aura in terms of it's architectural presence in the city.

[video=youtube;cRUa_E1CugU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRUa_E1CugU[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
That Popeye clip was bizarro. But yeah, point taken. And I concur. It may not be this, it may not be that.... but hey, it's large.

Disagree, as I mentioned when it was posted a couple pages ago I think from this angle it actually does look good. As in better than "OK".

Really? It appears in the first shot that some of the curtainwall doesn't even match. I dunno....

This project really is a dog's breakfast! On the bright side, since it has set a precedent for the area, perhaps the lots at the SW+NW corner of Yonge and Gerrard will eventually be developed (and we can only hope they won't be an eyesore).

This is enough for one intersection, no? (!) N/W already taken by Aura, the other three corners have great buildings on them, save for the Coronet however to the north of that there's a few keepers.

14 December 2013: I dare you to stand in the middle of Gerrard Street East by Gerrard Square at 7:30AM and not sorta kinda whateva admire the sheer scale of this beast.
1qup.jpg

14 December 2013: I dare you to stand in the middle of Gerrard Street East by Gerrard Square at 7:30AM and not sorta kinda whateva admire the sheer scale of this beast.

When it is silhouetted from that angle, it kind of resembles the barrel of a gun pointing skyward.

Back