Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Lets not be so dramatic. Aura doesn't look bad at all. In fact, in the past few sets of pictures it's looking quite good in my opinion! It's no L Tower , but it doesn't look that bad. The top will really make it come together, it already has. There's still another 150-170ft to go on this one. Be patient and at the very least we have a 900ft building which will bring over 2000 new people onto Yonge St and add some much needed density to the area. The average person will never comment that it's ugly, the people I've shown it to are impressed with the height already. The negativity in here is insane, I wonder how half of you make it through any given day with these attitudes.

I love how these Aura dead enders always claim to have “shown†the building to a lot of people, and they have ALL really LOVED it!

Another favourite is the old: “I was standing on the corner of Yonge and Gerrard and I overheard some people talking about Aura....and they ALL really LOVED it!

Why they think anyone would care that there might be random nobodies out there who like it, I’m not sure…but they sure do love to beat that dead horse.

Why they think anyone would care that there might be random nobodies out there who like it, I’m not sure…but they sure do love to beat that dead horse.[/QUOTE]
Funny... Said by the king of beating dead horses. And what may I ask, are 'random nobodies'? I assume ShallowEnd is in a different class. A 'special person' perhaps. :)

IMO, Aura is a strange beast:

Basement- Awful
Podium- Below-par
Spandrel portion (East/West)-Awful
Spandrel portion South-Great!
Spandrel portion North- Awful
Curtain wall portion- Great!
Roofline- TBD?

This tower is going to end up looking typical.

Will it be iconic? No.

Will it be an eyesore? No.

It will just be there.

I'll take it. It's a positive addition to our city and skyline.

I am going to be one of the few here and say that the building is turning out pretty good. I think, what really added to this building is the glass on the upper half. With still some more height to go, Aura should turn out pretty good IMO. As others have mentioned before regarding the uneven floors, I don't notice it as much. The uneven floors are definitely not as noticeable as the uneven floors on Trump Tower. Instead my eye is more drawn to the darker glass and I think that will help balance the tower's aesthetics. IMO, they should have went with darker colored balcony glass, it might have been able to uniform the uneven floor spacing. Just my opinion, but I think this building is looking pretty good.

I am going to be one of the few here and say that the building is turning out pretty good.

You should take a closer look, it's getting worse and higher isn't better, it's additional junk to glance up at.

June 14th -

July 30th

In the photo above note how they randomly begin with the mouldings between each floor of glass on the north side instead of the (dumb) practice of about every five floors, bad choice for balcony glass, moulding for the fifth floor is missing on the east facing side on the left of the building, and what's with the change of colour of glass just below the setback?

There's no change in the colour of glass there; there simply is no glass. That's all spandrel.

I don't understand why they bothered with the every-five-floors silver bands, only to leave out that one on the south elevation and to slap those six of them all together on the north elevation.

What the hell was G+C thinking with these decisions (among others)?

K i have to agree, that glass change under second setback east side, does look bad there.. fingers crossed its just a quick fix job later?

There's no change in the colour of glass there; there simply is no glass. That's all spandrel.

I don't understand why they bothered with the every-five-floors silver bands, only to leave out that one on the south elevation and to slap those six of them all together on the north elevation.

What the hell was G+C thinking with these decisions (among others)?
There you go making judgement on stuff that is not yet finished.

oh thats right--lets not "rush to judgement'.

no doubt you are also still waiting for Trump Tower to finish before you make your 'final decision'.

here, let me help you: "you're going to love it!".

Damn right I am. Want to know what my work gets judged on at school? The line drawings and renderings that represent it... work that isn't even under construction, let alone part of the way there.

You don't need a building to be finished in order to judge it, when it's this bad.

Indeed - I don't see anyone claiming positive judgement for this project as invalid on the basis of a rendering...heck, or even on the basis of a number or two.

AoD

No, it's glass. I saw some of it being put in. Certainly this will be replaced down the line once the error in materials is noted.

Damn right I am. Want to know what my work gets judged on at school? The line drawings and renderings that represent it... work that isn't even under construction, let alone part of the way there.

You don't need a building to be finished in order to judge it, when it's this bad.
Difference is that in school, your rendering gets judged in it's entirety. You are criticizing Aura's inconsistency with the silver bands without knowing what they will lead to. They may make perfect sense when complete, but all you are seeing is differently spaced silver bands and you don't understand why, so you criticize. Anyway, that's all you will hear from me on this subject. I'm done.

Back