Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Today:

BrpvsFE.jpg

vTKWXXA.jpg

I wonder what is with that new pattern of spandrel or whatever it is, in between each floor on the top three rows of windows? It used to be every 8 or so floors, here it's every floor above 49 and late afternoon/early evening it's very shiny and very noticeable.

For goodness sake, give it a chance. How on earth can you make a decision that the different stripes make no sense when there's only 3 floors of it done.

Aura's looks (and will look) great from that angle ^

In those photos, 2 levels below the top... Are those 2 storey living spaces?
If so, what an amazing unit/view to own!

The dark blue spandrel is just as noticeable as the pattern silver strips, if not more. They sort of compete with each other. At least the massing of the tower continues to look good.

I was also wondering what those 2-floor/loft spaces are for... amenities? Somebody's unit?

Aura looks best from south, because that's the angle where the spandrel wall is the nicest. The northern elevation is an unevenly distributed mess (perhaps that's why they neglected to show it in any of their renderings).

The 57th and 58th floors are in fact two-storey loft units. I believe it's the highest section of the building with two-storey units - the rest are in the lower floors, primarily on the 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th floors.

From the floor plans I've seen for the 57th/58th floor units, they look amazing with 1,000 sq.ft - 2,000 sq.ft. units and mezzanines and interior balconies. Actually, you can even see a cut-away portion of the cement floor in the photo above on the left side of the building where floor 58 is, which will likely become a two-storey wall of windows to someone's living room on floor 57.

Interesting, I was wondering why the floor heights were changing so much. The cut-away sections should provide quite the view.
Hopefully once all the glass is up it won't look so awkward.

what a mess, but I do like the stripes, a nice touch.

It's less offensive from the south to be sure, but I see no "nice touches" here. I'm still hoping the top will give the building some saving grace.

Back