Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Totally agree, Torontoviberator! It reminds me of the saying, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

Toronto is different from most North American (and global) cities in how comfortable people of varied backgrounds in all contexts can feel in the GTA, which is quite remarkable, yet in certain things we're in the minority in a negative sense, such as our public realm (often even in our most important areas/intersections).

BREAKING: AURA NOW APPROVED FOR AN ADDITIONAL 12 STOREYS.

As many have speculated, the developer has been working tirelessly behind the scenes with City officials to grant an additional 12 storeys above ground and an additional 3 storeys below ground; which was just approved late last night in an extended Council session. Not to be outdone by the Mirvish+Gehry proposal, Aura will maintain it’s “Canada’s Tallest Residential Building” and “Deepest Underground Mall” status until the end of time. Great news for some!!! Happy April 1st :p

BREAKING: AURA NOW APPROVED FOR AN ADDITIONAL 12 STOREYS.

As many have speculated, the developer has been working tirelessly behind the scenes with City officials to grant an additional 12 storeys above ground and an additional 3 storeys below ground; which was just approved late last night in an extended Council session. Not to be outdone by the Mirvish+Gehry proposal, Aura will maintain it’s “Canada’s Tallest Residential Building†and “Deepest Underground Mall†status until the end of time. Great news for some!!! Happy April 1st :p

Damn you! Definitely got me :p

Would of been a lot more convincing if it was only done in one thread. You almost got me in a sleepy haze, til I saw the similar posts in other threads :p

Yeah. Who would believe that an extended City council worked over the long weekend. Ha!

Marshall's opens on thursday. I hope it looks better than BB&B but I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand, it couldn't be much worse.

I snuck a photo through the protective gating at the top of the escalators that goes into the new Marshalls today. It practically looks ready to go with all of the stock already set up.

Looks a little more finished with the drop ceiling compared with BBB's exposed ceiling with hanging lights.

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 5.57.44 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 5.57.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 5.57.44 PM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 463
That's already an improvement over BB&B but I wish it were a little more polished. I guess I'll settle for just acceptable. That's more than I can say for BB&B.

Back