Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Great pics Steveve!!! Aura is looking massive in the that 2nd photo. Its hard to believe there is still roughly 300 feet more to go!

Beautiful pictures of downtown with The Beast we call Aura. Wow does it ever look huge from that vantage point. Like skyrise said. roughly 300 feet to go. it will appear from this angle almost twice as big as both Scotia and FCP. Thanks for that post. He/She's a Beaut!

Sorry for the dark day, crappy iphone 5 camera, scratch on lens.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Nope, roof of an apartment building at Allen Rd and Glencairn-ish. Same building as the photo posted above by MikeOlivo-Moore

Your photo demonstrates why aA would've been the choice for architect here. An 80s Murano would've looked superior to what is now rising. Superior meaning less spandrel, more artfully arranged patterns created between the glass & spandrel, less clumsy proportions, greater attention to street level details and a less dreary retail experience. For probably about the same $$$$. $ad. :(

(A quite literally closer example--the difference between those fantastic Tower Hill apartment buildings on St Clair West and their neighbours to the left.)

Last edited:
^Looks frigid. Here's an OT question: How long does it take for your crane cab to heat up in the morning (assuming it's heated?)

People often ask me if I have heat but no one ever asked before how long it takes to warm up. Points for originality urbandreamer. I have 2 little 1500 watt heaters and it depends on whether or not it is sunny or windy and how cold it is. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes and sometimes it doesn’t get warm at all. The crane was built in Italy so minus 35 with wind chill wasn’t on the list.

Great pics Steveve!!! Aura is looking massive in the that 2nd photo. Its hard to believe there is still roughly 300 feet more to go!

that's odd I was thinking more like 400 feet or 120 m more to go. any other guesses people? I'm basing my estimate off of the skyscraperpage.com render.

that's odd I was thinking more like 400 feet or 120 m more to go. any other guesses people? I'm basing my estimate off of the skyscraperpage.com render.

I think you're pretty accurate with 400 ft.
I was looking at the skyjacked pics on the last page. Have to say, with this and 1 Bloor, that view is going to look pretty damn sweet. Could anyone, (if they have the time) do a render of 1 bloor and completed aura from that last pic up Yonge st? Would love to see that!

People often ask me if I have heat but no one ever asked before how long it takes to warm up. Points for originality urbandreamer. I have 2 little 1500 watt heaters and it depends on whether or not it is sunny or windy and how cold it is. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes and sometimes it doesn’t get warm at all. The crane was built in Italy so minus 35 with wind chill wasn’t on the list.

Skyjacked, can you jump around in it or do a standing jog to warm up on those crazy cold days? How do you function all day when its that cold? (Thanks for all the pics btw, simply great contribution)

Aura has surpassed the height of ROCP which is 163m, so i would say its at least 170ms so another 110 to go or about 361 feet

Back