Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

you have every reason to be frightened, because it is not a pure black, rather it is a weird kind of milky green-black for reasons that are known only to the geniuses at graziani and corazza 'architects' (sic)

There you go again! YOU like pure black, so any other colour glass MUST demonstrate the complete lack of Deepend wisdom displayed by the architects. If only we were all as wise & wonderful as deepend. Yipes... I can't believe I'm still reacting to these comments.

you have every reason to be frightened, because it is not a pure black, rather it is a weird kind of milky green-black for reasons that are known only to the geniuses at graziani and corazza 'architects' (sic)

Milky green black? You can't be serious.
Perhaps your hatred is clouding your vision now?

Personally I perceive the curtain wall cladding to overwhelmingly be a dark navy-blue color;
dark-navy-blue.jpg

Don't believe me? How about some actually evidence;
(from 7 different photographers no less!)

You can see what a building with milky-green glass looks in the background here

Anyone else think this is not overwhelmingly a dark navy blue?

As for the green tinge that you are talking about, yes I've seen it on occasion. But its a very fleeting occurrence and I've only seen it from certain angles. But if your seeing milky-green all the time deepend, I can only suggest that you get your color vision checked. Varying degrees of color blindness is actually more common than most people think.

Terrific photos! Thanks to everyone.

Question: What is the tower crane on the south side of the Imperial Oil Bldg. working on?

Milky green black? You can't be serious.
Perhaps your hatred is clouding your vision now?

Personally I perceive the curtain wall cladding to overwhelmingly be a dark navy-blue color;

Don't believe me? How about some actually evidence;
(from 7 different photographers no less!)

You can see what a building with milky-green glass looks in the background here

Anyone else think this is not overwhelmingly a dark navy blue?

As for the green tinge that you are talking about, yes I've seen it on occasion. But its a very fleeting occurrence and I've only seen it from certain angles. But if your seeing milky-green all the time deepend, I can only suggest that you get your color vision checked. Varying degrees of color blindness is actually more common than most people think.

ok you're rather wound up....

anyway...i know none of Aura's defenders actually want to look at it up close (and who can blame them), but if one does, its quite clear that the opaque parts of the curtain wall are a filmy looking green-black, or if it makes you feel better, a filmy looking greeny-blue/black

6541248281_2b04ec2d65_b_zps0325a284.jpg

6777627799_49617fd622_b_zpsf6c91f13.jpg

6779853713_e858aa0cf8_b_zps53fdf4b8.jpg

d9cfef5a.gif

In those pictures I think the colour is being altered by the fact that it's reflecting the limestone on College Park

From photos it's always struck me that the podium curtainwall is dark blue with a slight tinge of dark green, and the curtainwall and window wall on the tower is more of a pure dark blue.

The Aura Webcam is showing the first signs of the western curve. I posted a similar capture on the last page, but I was still unsure whether it was the start of the curve or just a standard unfinished floor. Nope, it is indeed the curve:

O26sy.jpg

interesting... i expected a thicker slab floor on the floor below as a transfer slab, didn't expect to see the curve so soon! the excitement begins... :D

Not even sure anymore, a few people have corrected me since and now I don't even know....the webcam could always be creating illusions

Please take the high road and step away from insulting each other when discussing the merits of this project. Otherwise various demerits, including temporary bans, will be the result.

Back