Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Yipes... when Caltrane says that it's not good, I start to worry. I'm going down tomorrow to see for myself.

missed opportunity. maybe as it is a bed and bath and beyond they'll eventually use some of their own products to decorate. cause right now from the pictures it looks like every other suburbanized mall or plaza. something out of the 80's nothing all to special. plain and boring for what this building is. i know this is just a retailed space but come on thats just sad. boring! the one in peterborough is nicer then this is.

My impression of the building really depends on the angle. The best angle is definitely where ROCP 1/2 is hidden. I really hope someone got fired at the city for signing off on those twin monstrosities.

Last edited:
Huh? This is a joke, right? The Bed Bath and Beyond ceiling is reminiscent of a Walmart! And the mall area? Looks like something you'd find in a Dollarama! They've cheapened what was suppose to be a high end building, I pity the unit owners above, if I had payed millions for a condo there, I'd expect much, much more then cheap beige stone walls and lighting found in a leaky basement, such a shame.

Went to BB&B. 1st off, the place is a little pricey but I won't complain since there's some quality stuff there. Secondly, I remember going up the escalator looking at all the different shades of brown/beige and thinking "wow, this looks dated". BB&B's design is pretty crappy. I was disappointed by Aura's retail areas.....all brown/beige. That can look nice if you use marble or granite, limestone, but not ugly ass ceramic tile.

Crap.

So I was walking by the neighbourhood today:
20121116153323.jpg

The breaking news....well old news?

It's awful. Yeah, as in ghetto dated trash. The potpourri at BBB didn't help--strong scents always give me a migraine, so I'm still feeling like crap after getting these photos--thx G+Craptaza. I spoke to one of the employees and told her it reminded me of Honest Ed's. She said a number of ppl have told her that. I mean that's fine, but at this location? It's more of the same crap on Yonge Street.

If you drive a beige car & live a beige lifestyle, you'll love it here.

Finding the bathroom is a pain in the basement--and it's just as awful as the hallways.

20121116154128.jpg

Wanna start your successful life in Canada here?
20121116154108.jpg

Or here?
20121116153748.jpg

The view out is only slightly better:
20121116154311.jpg

This joint is making me sick, so it's time to get the hell outta
20121116154200.jpg

I wonder how long until this thread is full of people praising the architectural superiority of this building and the lively nature of the retail again? Seriously it seems like every user on this site goes through phases where they absolute hate a building, then change their minds and love it again.. Every user execpt UD of course, who could probably find an excuse to hate the Empire State building.

I wonder how long until this thread is full of people praising the architectural superiority of this building and the lively nature of the retail again? Seriously it seems like every user on this site goes through phases where they absolute hate a building, then change their minds and love it again.. Every user execpt UD of course, who could probably find an excuse to hate the Empire State building.

You don't think we have valid complains? This is not your typical suburban outlet centre and to be honest, I've seen outlet centres that look much nicer than this. (Vaughn Mills for one) This building has multi-million dollar condos, for god's sake! Is it unreasonable to expect something decent? We are talking about the INTERIOR design, not the outside of the building. I will not be shopping here if this building remains this ugly. I'm sorry but I like to shop in buildings that give me something attractive and animated to look at, and this certainly does not. I will be phoning BB&B to tell them what I think of the store. Maybe after a few more complaints, they might get the message and put some pressure on the developer for a proper ceiling and an upgrade in general. Toronto doesn't need a another Chinatown Centre/Metropolis!

Back